My midwife was no help at all :-(

LegoHouse

Mummy of one of each <3
Reaction score
I want a home birth and I'm dead set on it. I'm high risk though and I really needed her to talk to me about it. I needed her to reassure my OH. I needed her to give me some ammo so when people told me the idea was ridiculous that I had something to throw at them. I told her that I'm considering it and that I was worried me being on aspirin would cause an issue. She said "don't rule it out yet, but it's too early to talk about it."

Well I'm sorry but.... GRR! She is so bloody unsupportive. I've seen her 3 times now, in 25 weeks, and I feel really upset! I need to know if I can or not. I really do. Because I need to prepare myself for going to hospital again when I don't want to.

It is not to early to talk about it at all!! I'd not be happy too.
Maybe write a letter to head of midwifery stating your intentions to hb, and add in that you dont feel supported by your mw and maybe ask for a meeting to have your questions answered. Xx

They can be evasive, can't they? You walk out of there and think.... "Well, that's NONE of my quesions answered!!!!!!!!"

That's what I said to my OH. "I haven't seen her since 17 weeks, I had loads of questions, and she answered a grand total of NONE of them!" *huff*

I told her I need to see my consultant about cutting my aspirin dose and she told me I couldn't see her again yet, too. Grr!

do you have your consultants secutarys number? if not ring the switch board of your hospital and ask for it, cut out the middle man and make an appointment yourself if your knowen to them there should be no issue. x

I don't know your situation but for me, I'd LOVE a home birth but not to the risk of myself or my baby.... my midwife knows I'm wanting a home birth but she has also informed me that the 20week scan shows that I have a partial placenta previa and that if the placenta doesn't move, then I not only won't qualify for a home birth I will automatically have to have a c-section.

I guess it depends on what your risks are but if it were me I'd appreciate the training and the knowledge and change my plans to be a hospital birth but still fight for the natural birth but in a different setting.

The reason I'm high risk is because I'm on aspirin but if I come off aspirin at 36 weeks like I'm supposed to my blood will be back to normal by 40 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->