My mom hates the name we've picked

Thank you all so much! We definitely still love the name...as far as I'm concerned she can call him Z, lol.

We really like names that are different but dont necessarily make people wonder "what were your parents on?"

People end up calling our boys Aiden, Brayden, and Cohen lol but not often, most of the time people say how much they like their names.

We usually dont share our name thoughts. With my oldest his birthfather was not around so the name was up to me. I made the mistake of sharing my name choices at a family get together and having them torn apart, labeled as weak, or even as a stripper name! When he was born I made everyone wait 3 days until after I had it officially on the birth certificate before they had any clue what his name was lol. I figured I could handle my mom's reaction and I'd really hoped she'd like it! But oh well, she will figure out a way to love it.

She would rather us name him Kai or Trevor. Not gonna happen! Not that they're bad, I actually like them, just not our style :)

Sod off Mum haha I don't like the name my mum gave me (Carlie..boring) but do you think she would have cared what I thought? No. So I wouldn't care what she thinks. Your mother has had her time to name her kids & now it's your turn.

Sounds like my mum! With this little one we were gonna call him Leighton and she really didn't like it. First time she moaned I said "don't worry, you don't have to call your kid that", second time was "you named your kids, I'm naming mine" and third was when she told me he'd hate it I said "you hate your name, I hate mine, maybe it's a tradition!" And after that she dropped it. And now we've changed it anyway haha!
I actually really like Zephyr, you won't have to worry about every child in his class having the same name!

You'll never get a name everyone likes so just suit yourselves.

My MIL told us she didn't like my lbs name when it was posed and still says it wrong sometimes but is trying. I've noticed she just calls him by nicknames 'my little soldier' etc... a lot more than with my lg

I know this is a couple months old, but I'm just searching through old threads looking for boy name ideas.

As for your situation, it sucks! But it seems like you can hold your own pretty well. I like the name! I had a friend at one point with that name. However, I think it was her last name haha.

I like more original names too. With my last child I LOVED the name Christopher but it seemed to 'Normal' to me. But I just couldn't shake it. I needed it to be his name!! But then wenter decided we would call him Topher or Tophie for short instead of Chris. Then my brother said "Like Tofu? What are you having? A hippie?" I was stunned. I just sat there and didn't know what to say. I then went and cried for a while.

Well, now EVERYONE calls him Tophie. No one calls him Christopher Haha.

Stick to your guns. They'll forget they ever thought it was weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->