My mother told my cousin when i was only 7 weeks

Jessicahide

Reaction score
I mentioned to my husband yesterday that my mother had told my cousin when i was 7 weeks that i was pregnant, and my cousin had fb'ed me to say congratulations, he was a bit shocked and said "It was not up to her to tell your family before you did, didn't you say anything to her about it..." My relationship with my mother is complicated at the best of times so i don't always say if she is being out of order as she is so often anyway, what would be the point?!!

Would you mention it to your mother or should i just leave it alone?

I would be very annoyed but then with my before last pregnancy I told my friend at 8 weeks only to find out two days later it was an MMC. So I am extra paranoid now. I suppose if you haven't had issues in the past and your mum is excited and thinks everything will be fine, then just let it go...

Sorry to hear about your loss, i have a very stressful time when pregnant, my first little boy was stillborn 10 years ago. I think its more the fact she was just shouting her mouth off it was our announcement to make.. I will end up letting it go as its not the worst thing she has done, but just another to add to the list.

ugh it depends, will you get anything out of telling her , like if it was my mother there are some things that she just doesn't get and I don't even bother... I think it was super wrong of her, once my parents put on facebook that I had given birth! From then on I tell them , I am telling you but its my job to announce to anyone family included I will let you know when you can do that. There is always the threat of , if you dont do as I wish you just wont know next time until I want everyone to know...

I think at this point, I would let it go, like you mentioned above. I would have probably said something to her when it happened however. If you have another baby down the road, maybe Dont tell her until just before you announce to other family. Or the same thing if you plan on finding out the gender- hold off telling her until you are comfortable with everyone knowing.

I had something similar with my DS. My BIL posted a picture on FB I had texted him before I had even had a chance to announce he had arrived to my extended family (who I'm friends with online as well). This time, I won't even letthem know about the birth until I contact everyone else first

I'd go mental!!!
It's totally not her news to tell.

I used to have a friend in uni, she was a real narcissist. Anyway, she went around telling people that I was pregnant in uni! I had people knowing before I even planned to tell my family. :growlmad:

Some people just can't bare not being involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->