my nearly home birth x

angels3..

Reaction score
well he's here! it was very quick, it all started on sunday 8th august, it was the one day I wasn't getting any signs that labour was about to start. For the previous couple of days I was loosing bits of plug, period pains, strong BH but that day nothing.
We decided to take the dogs for a long walk, then on the way home stopped off for a drink and I was saying to OH, I'm def not going to go into labour today lol.
I went to bed to waich Big Brother, OH came up about 11 and was snoring his head off but I couldn't sleep, watched a film then started to get a few tightenings, I ignored them because I thought they were just BH. By the time the film finnished I was still getting the tightenings and they were getting stronger. I got up and noticed they were getting quite regular. I started timing them on a contracion timer and they were about 8mins apart, it was then that I realised it could actually be labour!!
I came on b and B and posted the progress, it was about 1am. I went and woke oh.
About 2am the contractions were quite bad so I got in the bath to help me cope better and i said to oh, you'd better phone my sisters to come and have the boys, at this point i was having contractions every 5mins and thought I'd got plenty of time but then disaster struk!!
They weren't answering the phone!! kept trying them but no luck. Oh had to phone my brother who lives the other side of birmingham and it takes 30mins for him to get here at the best of times.
Another disaster struck!! No taxi would bring him here without the money upfront, my brother hadn't got any money so we was gonna pay when he got here. oh was arguing with the taxi co for about 20mins by this time the contractions were coming about every 3 mins, very painful and progressing fast. By the time my brother got here, I really thought i was gonna give birth in the bath, with each conrtaction i felt the urge to push.
It was a mad dash to the hospital, as soon as i got there i was saying, give me the gas and air, i wanna push!!. The midwife examined me and I was fully dialated!! I couldn't belive it, 4 big pushes, 3 sucks on the gas and air and baby jake had arrived. 4;31am after a 3hr labour, weighing 5lb 12oz with a full head of jet black hair:happydance:
We're all so in love and i just wanted to thank all you girls for your advise and support throughout my pregnancy. You were my lifeline, thankyou:kiss:

Congrats! Such a nice quick labour! I'm glad that everything was sorted out in the end with your brother.

aww congrats hun!!! thats such a quick labour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->