My new nightmare...bras!!

Jen92

FTM
Reaction score
So my boobs have grown and the bras im in now are uncomfortable and squishing my nipples/whole boobs!
Ive been for a look around and got measured by marks and spencers who told me i should not be wearing underwire. I dont feel supported in the ones i tried on... Can i wear underwired aslong as they it correctly and i have the correct size?

I'm gatecrashing here but saw this in unread posts!
I used to bra measure, it's not advised to wear underwires as it they can damage the growth of your milk production glands :) Did you get fitted or just measured?
Usually you go up a cup size for maternity and nursing bra's to allow for growth when your milk comes in xx

I've always worn under wired and still am at the minute, aslong as their the right size I'm sure they be ok, you won't be comfortable in a bra that is hurting you, so couldn't see anyone wearing a bra that is going to damage milk glands

I got measured and fitted but just didnt like the bras and they were kinda expensive so I thought id look round other shops and try some on but theres just not much out there at a good price

Mamas and Papas have some of there bras in a 3 for £15 deal... they are SO comfy!

Oh i went on the mamas and papas website to order some and not one single bra was in stock in my size :(

I've found bravissimo really comfy for maternity bras. I feel just as supported as with the underwired, although obviously the shape isn't quite so good and uplifting!

Mothercare had some nice ones, and some are in the sale atm.

Thanks for all the replies... Im off to asda to try some bras on

I bought M&S maternity ones in the end after spending three weeks in tears because first underwired bras were hurting, then the maternity ones from Mothercare did the same thing - I wished I'd gone to M&S in the first place as wasted money in Mothercare. I wasn't sure about wearing a non-underwired bra as I'm quite big normally and worried about the lack of support but they're so comfortable I might even struggle to go back to underwired!

Underwired bras are fine as long as they fit perfectly and the wires do not dig in anywhere. I would reccomend getting fitted at Debenhams or Bravissimo or somewhere similar that stocks different brands. Marks and Spencer don't have a very good reputation for getting the correct size - they measured me in a completely different size to everywhere else!

I know most places advise against underwired bras but it depends on what you personally find most comfortable. I'm 34HH and non-wired bras are very uncomfortable so I've been advised that a properly fitted underwired bra is better for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->