My OH is making friends with cockroaches

minties

Complete
Reaction score
He's clearly a weird man.

We have two sorts of cockroaches as houseguests (not the yucky food infesting kind, these are outdoor ones that like to live in the garden and munch on other dead bugs and rotting leaf matter etc). One is a large, almost black one, the other is a small brown native one.

They creep me out. Majorly. If I'm in the shower and spot one in there with me, I'll scream and run out of there pronto.

We don't see many of them, they tend to get inside and like hanging out in dark areas like the hallway linen cupboard, and the garage (attached to the house). They only come out when it's dark.

Anyway, my OH has taken an interest in them. He LIKES them. He got really upset when I killed one the other day. He will PICK THEM UP, look at them, walk them around and then release them outside.

As much as my logical side says it's just another bug that's wandered inside, it's still a cockroach and his adoration of them creeps me out! I don't mind praying mantids, we've kept them as 'pets' before, but something about roaches makes my skin crawl.

I'm getting nervous that he's going to want to actually keep them or something. One of them he's named and it lives in the bathroom. It's called George! I evicted George this morning as he was about an inch away from my toothbrush, and OH went and brought him back inside as it was 'too cold out there'.

hahaha :rofl: tell him that they can withstand a nuclear bomb so george will be fine outside in the cold! :haha:

Haha I read the title and thought he'd been making some friends with some awful blokes! Never expected he'd made buddies with ACTUAL cockroaches!!! How cute/weird! Hate bugs.

:rofl:

If he won't keep them outside have you considered letting him sleeping outside?

My DH would be evicted for that kind of behaviour :haha:

Buy him a pop up tent and suggest he can live out there with him :haha:

xx

Haha this is so funny but I'd be so creeped out at the sight of a cockroach anywhere near my toothbrush omg!!

My DH invented a long range bug catcher to deal with roaches so neither of us would have to get near them, lol! But then neither of us grew up in an area where they live so we're both freaked out by them.

If only he would foster the same loving attitude towards me, haha! I'm in a rage right now as he's woken me up at 10pm, I went to bed exhausted 25 minutes ago. He opened my door, shone his cellphone in my face and muttered "sorry just seeing if you were awake" ... "what the hell for?" I whisper back as violently as possible, without waking Sophie... "I wanted to have a wank in the garage (where the pc is) but didn't want to wake you banging around" ... "oh THANKS ever so MUCH!!!"

I've decided to marry George. He has better manners.

:rofl:

Oh my god.

George :happydance:

xxx

I think i'd divorce him :rofl:

This thread has me in stitches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members