My own living room help thread!

modified

Reaction score
Okay, I'm getting way ahead of myself - we're not even viewing this flat until tomorrow! But anyway... My dream living room is very neutral. Think very light gray walls with this as a feature wall.
https://stanfords.s3.amazonaws.com/sample/3700166636712_WBWall_1w_carto.jpg

And then a gallery wall. very neutral with lots of different colours brought in via artwork, cushions and little decor pieces.

The attached photo is the living room of this flat. I've heard that red is really hard to cover, especially with a shade such as light gray... and that silly dado rail thingy means no wall mural.

I hate the red but, if we get it, we'll be moving in when I'm around 32 weeks... am I really going to want to paint?

What can I do instead? I still want my gallery wall! We've got a black leather sofa suite and don't want a coffee table as we're buying this rug and want it to be a focal point
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/images/products/lappljung-ruta-rug-low-pile__0185490_PE337503_S4.JPG

I was thinking... would doing the lower red half light gray and the top half in the distressed brick be okay or too much? Still not sure I'm going to want to paint at 32+ weeks though :\

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 8
Just paint the red with a coat of two of white first, and then cover it with the grey. If you want a brick look, could you not just remove the dado rail? I don't know how easy it would be, but it's just a decorational thing, I think, as opposed to a structural thing.

Red is easy enough to cover. When we moved in our house the kitchen was tomato red, one wall of the main bedroom was deep red and living room red with gold stars. Bed room we have as light blue and took 2 coats, no red shining through, kitchen took 2 coats which is a light minty green and living room 3 coats and that is a beige colour with a aubergine purple feature wall. We don't like red walls and it didn't take us long to remedy. We used dulux paint

Red will be fine to cover. As for feeling up to painting at 32 weeks, I think you'll want to since you'll be so excited for your new place and waiting for baby to arrive.

Me and my OH renovated an entire house when I was 30-38 weeks pregnant. I enjoyed it!

Ahhhh "crisis" :winkwink: averted ladies! Viewed another one yesterday last minute and took it - the walls are cream! :happydance: :haha: Thank you though! I'm not sure where I read that red was impossible...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->