My parenting journal

mBLACK

Mother to one & WTT!
Reaction score
Realized there is no place for parenting journal so putting one here, it makes more sence than putting one in the pregnancy sect.

Yesterday Joseph had a doctor apt.. he didn't like the doctor too much and quite frankly, neither did I. I noticed halfway through our first conversation that he had somewhat of a.. speech impediment. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against doctors or anybody with speech difficulty, it's just I couldn't understand a word he was saying! And he was just.. weird. Anywho, Joseph now weighs approx. 7.49 lbs.
He's getting so big!

https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk70/SCREAMBTICHES/DSCF1149.jpg
https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk70/SCREAMBTICHES/HANH.jpg
https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk70/SCREAMBTICHES/josephd-1.jpg
https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk70/SCREAMBTICHES/josephdawson.jpg

Glad to hear Joseph is doing well! Lovely pics hon! :hugs:

awww what a sweetie!!! You are doing such a fantastic job being a mommy. Reading all of your threads I would have never guessed you to be 15! You seem very smart and mature. Just wanted to say congrats. Mommy hood really is an amazing thing isnt it?

He is adorable, glad he is doing so well xx

He is lovely :)

This is a very good idea btw. I need a place to go on about how wonderful my son is. at least if I get it out online I wont annoy my family and that. Could be an extra idea for the forum?

xxx

So far I'm realizing the most difficult part of parenting - watching them grow up. My son is already rolling around, he looks so different than when he was first born! Still cute as ever - but it kills me to watch him grow so fast.I wish there was more time.
He's waking me roughly every 3 - 4 hours to feed for about 20 minutes right now, I put him back on breast despite my being on anti-biotics, the formula was too hard on him (kudos to those who formula feed their children), he was too sick to take it and kept me up all night everytime I was feeding him it.
There's so much to do! I clean up everyday. He needs laundry done, EVERYDAY. I need to sterilize my equipment.. yep, you guessed it, everyday. What's going to happen when school starts!? Good grief, that's the scariest part. Even though I'm going to be in a school specifically designed for pregnant/teenage mums, he's still going to be rooms away from me except when he needs a diaper change/feeding time/there's infant labs. I'm going to miss him so. Ohhh he had his very first BATH yesterday, and he actually liked it! He was too cute in the tub.
At his first doctor appointment on Tuesday, August 5th, his weight went from 6 lbs 14 oz to 7.49 lbs! Getting so big.:cry:

https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk70/SCREAMBTICHES/DSCF1149.jpg

this is a great idea, ill look forward to following the next stage in your journey :)

Aww its great to read your journal Mary, you sound like a lovely mommy:hugs: and little Joseph is so handsome:cloud9:

great pics, he looks so peaceful in the last one!

I was wrong. He wasn't 7.49 lbs, he was 7 lbs 4.9 oz lol! Well, he gave me his first REAL smile yesterday @ 7:10 pm. His eyes lit up and his dimples got huge as a big beautiful smile appeared across his face! I thought he had been smiling all along but oh how wrong was I. My little boy can't lay on my lap straight out anymore, he's gotten too big. Also, he moved up from newborn pamper to 8-14 lbs! I'm so proud of him.Also, Jaundice = gone. Will post pictures later. My total weight gain throughout the pregnancy = 36 lbs.:cry::cry::cry:
I dearly hope my scale is wrong.

EDIT: SCALE WAS WRONG!
Most weight ever weighed throughout pregnancy: 146 lbs.
Weight right before Joseph was born: 144 lbs.
Weight 5 weeks postpartum: 118 lbs.
:yipee:

August 31st -
The other night while I was breastfeeding him, his face went beet red and he started screaming a scream that I've never heard before. I panicked & handed him to my grandmother who took him into the living room - I followed her & all of a sudden his eyes rolled to the back of his head & he went limp. My grandmother was patting his back and he wouldn't wake up - he even stopped breathing. Everybody started panicking and my grandmother told my uncle to call 911, and they told me to go into the bedroom because I was freaking out. Anway, when I came back out he was face down on the table with my grandmother patting his back & pulling gooey stuff out of his throat, my uncle answering questions on the phone with emergency. He started breathing after awile & n amblance came and took him and I to the hospital..
Everything is okay. Apparently it's common for this to happen to babies - there's something different about their bodies & when they get very very upset they can pass out & stop breathing for a couple of seconds.. (Of course once they are out cold their bodies start working normally again)
I nearly died that day. I thought I had lost him.. You don't even begin to know the meaning of fear until you have a child.

Also, he weighed 9.5 lbs @ his last checkup - About a week 1/2 ago. He's all smiles now, too! Still has tummy troubles everynight though.
& yesterday for the very first time, me and my OH brought him to the zoo - he was awake to see the birds, the alligator, fish, turtles, and a couple monkeys. Then he conked out again. But we had a wonderful time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->