my parents...

hauptuser

Reaction score
I have kown them for 33 years now, but I will never get used to their attitude against me or my husband :cry:

I visited them on Saturday and asked:"what about chirstmas, Matthias and I would like to visit you on Monday (OH is at work).

And my Dad said (very nerved):"it is not important for me, but ask your mother". When my Mum came into the room she said:"if you want to you can come, but there is no real need to!" :sad1:

I will visit them since Matthias loves his grandfather (I would prefer to stay home - I got the message).

NO, I didn`t get them wrong. My mum told me years ago (when I was around 10 to be honest) that I was not wanted and more a kind of stupid accident. I learned to cope with this feelings and I want that Matthias knows his grandparents - although it hurts very much. OH doesn`t want to let me go there without him since my mum doesn`t dare to say something wrong when he is around... When it comes to my parents I am more like a stupid child than a grown up women...

Oh hauptuser :( :hugs:

My parents are asses too :evil: Your family are those closer to you & the people who love you those people will be those you never forget x

((hugs))

I don't think you are the one acting like a child, you sound like a very sensible person who deserves better!!

Aww hun :hugs:
I sgree with Beanie, but parents have a special way of making us feel about 6 again :roll:

I'm really sorry that your parents make you feel so unwanted, that is really wrong of them. At least you have your own family now and will always make sure your children feel loved and wanted ((hugs)).

You are a good person for wanting your son to know his grandparents. You have your husband and your son and that sounds like an Awesome Family. Sorry that you have to deal with that on Christmas. :hugs:

ImTheDaddy said:
You can choose your firends but not your family!

yep- that`s really true!!!! My new slogan is: be always nice to your children they decide which retirement home you are getting!!!!

I agree with what everyone has said, sending you a big hug

There is NO way you're acting like child! Anyone else would act in exactly the same way. I have stopped all contact with my father for similar reasons and and would have with my mam if she hadn't felt so strongly about seeing Reece. Its awful to hear that your mum, as much as your relationship with her is rocky, would also hold it against her grandchild :(

Hugs to you xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"