my parents...

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by hauptuser, Dec 19, 2006.

1. hauptuser

hauptuser Well-Known Member

I have kown them for 33 years now, but I will never get used to their attitude against me or my husband :cry:

I visited them on Saturday and asked:"what about chirstmas, Matthias and I would like to visit you on Monday (OH is at work).

And my Dad said (very nerved):"it is not important for me, but ask your mother". When my Mum came into the room she said:"if you want to you can come, but there is no real need to!" :sad1:

I will visit them since Matthias loves his grandfather (I would prefer to stay home - I got the message).

NO, I didn`t get them wrong. My mum told me years ago (when I was around 10 to be honest) that I was not wanted and more a kind of stupid accident. I learned to cope with this feelings and I want that Matthias knows his grandparents - although it hurts very much. OH doesn`t want to let me go there without him since my mum doesn`t dare to say something wrong when he is around... When it comes to my parents I am more like a stupid child than a grown up women...

2. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Oh hauptuser :( :hugs:

My parents are asses too :evil: Your family are those closer to you & the people who love you those people will be those you never forget x

3. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

((hugs))

I don't think you are the one acting like a child, you sound like a very sensible person who deserves better!!

4. Jo

Jo I'm an old bag!

Aww hun :hugs:
    I sgree with Beanie, but parents have a special way of making us feel about 6 again :roll:

5. Kina

Kina Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry that your parents make you feel so unwanted, that is really wrong of them. At least you have your own family now and will always make sure your children feel loved and wanted ((hugs)).

6. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

You are a good person for wanting your son to know his grandparents. You have your husband and your son and that sounds like an Awesome Family. Sorry that you have to deal with that on Christmas. :hugs:

7. loulou1980

loulou1980 Well-Known Member

aww darling :hugs:

8. Iwantone!!!

Iwantone!!! Well-Known Member

aaaww hun thats must be hard

9. ImTheDaddy

ImTheDaddy Well-Known Member

You can choose your firends but not your family!

10. hauptuser

hauptuser Well-Known Member

yep- that`s really true!!!! My new slogan is: be always nice to your children they decide which retirement home you are getting!!!!

11. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

I agree with what everyone has said, sending you a big hug

12. Hazel&Reece

Hazel&Reece Active Member

There is NO way you're acting like child! Anyone else would act in exactly the same way. I have stopped all contact with my father for similar reasons and and would have with my mam if she hadn't felt so strongly about seeing Reece. Its awful to hear that your mum, as much as your relationship with her is rocky, would also hold it against her grandchild :(

Hugs to you xxxxxx