my pelvic ultrasound picture... im not sure if im pregnant... please take a look!

wishnonstarz

Reaction score
i had my ovaries checked on oct 9th 2014, but the sonograpger was not looking for pregnancy... i noticed a dot in this ultrasound picture that actually looks like a gestational sac... i have never been pregnant before, so i had no idea if it could be this...??? could the sonographer or the person who wrote the results not have taken notice if this is a gestational sac as it wasn't a pregnancy ultrasound??? any advice will help!!! thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG1644_1[1].jpg
    IMAG1644_1[1].jpg
    17 KB · Views: 109
Looks like it could be a sac, but I am no expert lol. Have you tested?

i tested on sept 19th and got faint positives... but i thought nothing of it! omg do you rekon it really could be... koz i last had sex with my husband on 1st of sept and had that ultrasound done on october 9th... but the sonograpgher/results/my doctor didnt say anything about a pregnancy detected on the ultrasound, koz it was only to check my ovaries!! i am soo confused... koz it really looks like a gestational sac!

If you got faint positives then you probably are!! I would retest now to see if they are darker!

i already ordered a batch of hpt's from ebay and i will receive them this monday!!! hehehe... if i am pregnant... its so weird that they didnt tell me or it wasnt on my ultrasound report...

since sept till now i have had on and off light bleeding... my periods are usually really really heavy and last for ages... :)

I had spotting with my dd too, I thought it was a period so,didn't find out I was actually pregnant till later, lol.

Maybe call the dr and see if they can look at your ultra sound and again and ask what they think? Maybe they just overlooked it bc they weren't looking for that.

yeah maybe it was spotting that i had... i will defz call my doctor soon and ask for a second opinion... thanks LuV for your help!

No problem! Please update when you find out! I am interested to know! It could have been implantation bleeding as well!

Looks like an ovary with a ripening follicle to me but I'm obviously not trained to tell what any of that stuff is. Just reminds me of some pelvic scans I had in the past.

If you conceived in September then the sac would be bigger and you would see a fetus. I think that's your bladder x

I honestly think if they scanned your ovaries they would have noticed a pregnancy, and it would have been mentioned. Plus, if you're thinking it would be a pregnancy from sex on Sept 1st, by Oct 9th you would have been far enough along to see a much bigger sac with a yolk sac and fetus with a heartbeat most likely. For instance, with my daughter, I had sex on Sept 23 and 24th, and my first scan was Oct 23 and I was 6weeks 2 days by then and saw baby with heartbeat. Of course you could have implanted later and things can be off, but not by so much that you'd only being seeing a dot on the scan. This is just my opinion though based on my own experience, so I'd call and get a medical opinion as well if it was me. Good luck!

If you conceived on the 1st of september you'd have been around 7 weeks on October 9th. I think you'd have more of a sac and a heartbeat etc. that would have been hard to miss. I'd still test though.

I agree with Minties that its more than likely a follicle on your ovary xx

Sorry love, that's not a sac and as the others have said with that date of conception you'd be 9 weeks along with a big sac and baby with heartbeat. I'm 7w5d and had a scan today with a big sac, very visible baby and heart rate of 144bpm :hugs:

They would definitely have told you had they seen a sac.

Sorry hun, I've had quite a few t/v scans from 4-7 weeks and I don't think that looks like a sac. I'm definitely not an expert but the sac you're looking for usually would have a bit of a 'wall'.

Was this an ultrasound scan or a t/v? If it was an ultrasound then it extremely unlikely that it would have picked up a sac at such an early stage anyhow as they are sooo tiny! That's why they really only tend to use tv when looking for a pregnancy within first 8 or 9 weeks.

Again, i'm no expert & could be totally wrong but it looks more like blood. At least that's what it's looked like in the past for me.

Best of luck!

Oops, just reread your original post.

If it's a regular ultrasound then I don't think it's possible for that to be a sac. Unless of course, the equipment is very advanced.

Also, I don't see why they wouldn't have mentioned a possible pregnancy. I've also had my ovaries checked when I wasn't pregnant to check if I had a cyst & the sonographer even told me my eggs looked prime for ovulating so to get jiggy with it. I also didn't have a cyst.

I wish you all the best of luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->