My pledge! (I also need your help)

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
'I Noodles, pledge that I will take my son to a toddler group (whilst on maternity leave) after baby number 2 is born despite the fact that the idea of having to meet new people scares the life out of me.'

Now comes your bit, I need suggestions! My hubby will have the car so I need a few ideas so I can look to see if I can get to them locally, either walking or using public transport. Also what do I do with the new baby whilst I'm there?

Netmums is a great site for finding everything on in your local area, even in churches etc. I have just managed to sort myself out with stuff to do on a Mon and Tue looking on there. Youll be able to check distance too. Hope thats a start :)

I'm wondering how you cope with two. It was hard enough with one.

Thanks hun that site is really helpful.

My OH went to the local Church one, whilst LO's were playing he sat chatted and had a cuppa. She was about 3/4 months old at the time, I'm sure it won't be a prob taking new baby along as well. :flower:

No probs, I am back using it and finding it really handy as everything here mainly runs Wed-Fri when I work. Just sorted Playaway at church on a Monday morning and Jabberjacks when Lucas turns 15mths, or maybe Tumble tots. :)

Agree with Netmums, i found it a great help! Also ask your HV!

With the new baby, likely he will just need feeding, changing or will just sleep so i wouldnt worry too much. A tiny baby will be a great talking point for people to come talk to you too :D

I would suggest netmums or speaking to local people with young kids, as for your baby, take her/him with you thats what I used to do with my two

I make the same pledge!! Went to a lovely new group today and the hall isn't too big, they have a seperate baby area, I'd just take the babe, and keep them in the car seat/buggy or on the play mats...

Xxx

I need to do the same. Should take him while on mat leave. Been looking on netmums myself.
Our sports centre do random stuff to which I've only just found out. Apparently they have a soft play and they do a crafty/storytime season.

ha if I can do baby massage with two newborns then anyone can do it with two!!! OK ok I used to have nightmares the night before the first few weeks but jeez I had to push myself out the door every day for the first few months - everything was sooo bloody scary lol

Ditto what everyone else said - people are sooo helpful when they see you have your hands full - you will be fine Noodles xxxx

Netmums or ask your HV the ones in our area were really good at suggesting things to do and places to go. Like others have said, most of them are really friendly and you'll be fine!

How about your local NCT? Email the local branch and find out what activities they have? I've made lots of lovely Mummy friends through NCT - and you can pick and choose what sort of thing you want to do...and who with!

There were loads of newborn/toddler mums at our toddler groups. The newborns usually just slept whilst the toddlers went mad and mum had a cuppa. Everyone was happy :D

You'll prob find it easier than you expect! All the old ladies will be cooing over your newborn and mini noodle will be having lots of fun!

The surestart groups are only quite small and the ones I've been too that are interactive the little babies sit in the car seat at the side and watch :)

Thanks girls, suddenly they don't sounds as scary.

i've made the same pledge! go on maternity leave at start of march

i'm keeping isabel in nursery one day a week so i get one day without stress of having two and can give the new baby my sole attention (figured it was least i could do since isabel had my sole attention 7 days a week for 9 months! lol)

then the remaining days i went on netmums and emailed my local surestarts and have compiled a timetable of different groups on different days (indoor and outdoor to cover for weather changes) - scarily organised i know!!!!

i think the trick is to go for secure groups on one or two days (i.e. a dedicated baby and toddler group in one room with good selection of toys) as then you can relax more and your older one will be safe in the one room yet also occupied and playing with other tots :thumbup:

also, do you have friends with similar age tots? if so you could do coffee mornings at each others houses so again its a safe, occupied environment

if you don't, then i'm sure you'd find people you get on with at some of the groups you start going to and could try and build up a social network with them :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->