My poor poor dad. :(

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
My dad is the loveliest person you could ever want to meet. Patient, kind, generous and a WONDERFUL dad and granda. My parents are seriously into their dogs, they have 4, all rescue dogs and they are very well known on the dog agility circuit. My dad and one of the dogs has actually just been selected to represent Northern Ireland at the world championships this year! Anyway, their first dog (they have 4, 2 each, the first one was my dad's) Sonny had epilepsy and heart problems and was my dad's best friend. I mean this in the truest sense. My dad is very into hillwalking and they used to go up mountains together and share a wee sandwich on the summit. Sonny was 12 and he just had to get put down tonight. My dad is utterly devastated. And to top it all off, his dad (my granda) died about 3 weeks ago. What can you even say to him. The poor man. :cry:

I am sorry. Losing a loved pet is losing a member of the family. And so soon after losing his dad, he must have been taking comfort from the dogs to get through that. :hugs:

:hugs: :( I cant offer advice as Im not close to my dad, and i dont have a pet... but i agree losing a pet is like losing a human family member, they are just as loving and have personality too.

Such a shame he has to grieve for both at the same time :( x

how awful for your poor dad. To loose his dad and then his beloved dog in the space of a month. :hugs:

that's sad :cry: It would be like losing part of your family. poor guy (and poor doggy) :hugs: xx

:cry: I'm so sorry for your dad's loss. And yours, losing your grandad. :(:hugs::hugs: I agree dogs are family and losing one would be devastating. My own dog is 6 1/2 and I hate to think someday she won't be there to greet me.

Thats awful :( I really do feel for your dad.:hugs: xxx

Sorry honey, sending mental big hugs to you & your dad xx

:hugs: must be so horrible for him especially so soon afteryou all lost your granddad x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"