• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

My poor veggies

claire-lou

Jack & Martha's Mummy
Reaction score
I planned to feed Jack home grown veg and was getting excited as weaning appears to fast be approaching and we seems to be getting ready to harvest. We have been to the caravan for a few days and came back to find stems. Yes just stems and catapillars. The greedy things have eaten every leaf on every veg plant. I could have sobbed. So we have been to the garden centre and got what veg is still avaliable for this time of year and am now armed with an enviromesh to keep the little blitters out. So my poor boys organic meals will now consist off home grown turnip and kale. No varied diet there :cry:

I don't really have any tips/advice beacuse we have a shared garden and I can't plant anything in it (though I would love to), so I just thought I would send you some :hugs:

I can kinda see the funny side now, it was almost like a plague of locust had been through the garden :rofl:

I know how you feel... we have slug issues!

Oh no hun :-( all that affort for the damn bugs to eat it all away. I wish i could offer some advice but not sure anyone can :hugs:

Hope you manage to get some new veg planted and protected this time...I'm gutted for you xxx

Aaaw no!! Its awful isnt it! We're not growing much this year because we sorta missed the boat and it was too late in the season to do a good selection. We had some beans that were growing nicely though and then I woke up a few days agao and all gone!!! :(

Well at least kale is very nutritious!!!! :mrgreen:

On a serious note.... its very bloody frustrating - same thing happened to me last year :dohh:

we have a big veg patch in our garden and we have had real problems with the slugs and caterpillars this year as well, my partner is a professional gardener and he said alot has to do with the weather, we have had so much rain again the slugs are loving it and out in force. He said hes struggling at work as well so its not just us do not be disheartened.

He did suggest making a framework with mesh (cloche) to keep the majority of slugs out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"