My positive birth story

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
My baby was due on 24th Sept but a week later I still had no signs of anything happening. I was starting to worry about needing to be induced. On the Friday night we went out for drinks with friends and I started to feel a bit crampy. When we got home we DTD to try and get things going. During the night I was quite restless with period type cramping.

On Sat morning I woke up with cramps which would come and go. They weren't painful, just uncomfortable but seemed to be quite frequent. I decided to time tem and saw they were coming every 6-7 minutes. I continued timing throughout the day but thought I was till along way off. Even at around 5pm when the contractions were coming every 5 minutes or so I thought it still wasn't time as I wasn't in a lot of pain. By 9pm I realised the contractions were suddenly coming every 3 minutes and were starting to get a bit painful. We decided to get ready to go to the hospital although I still thought we had ages to go and theyd prob send me home again.

We got to hospital around 10.30pm and they put me on the CTG. This is when I started to feel quite uncomfortable as I couldn't move around during contractions. At 11pm they examined me and saw that I was already 5cm dilated. Until then I was sure they'd send me home again. They showed me to my room and DH went to grab my bags from the car. By this time the contractions were much stronger and there was hardly any time between them to get my breath back.

At around 11.30pm they decided it was time to go to the delivery room. I was immediately more comfortable as they had birthing balls etc in there to help with the contractions. After another 20 mins or so they examined me again and I was 10cm dilated. They broke my waters just after midnight and after 25 minutes of pushing (felt like much longer!) at 00:27 my little girl was born.

We had immediate skin to skin and I fed her almost straight away before they took her away to dress her and I had a couple of stitches.

Overall it was a great experience. I managed it all with no pain relief, not even gas and air. There was a point near the end where I thought I couldn't do it anymore but after that it was just one more push and she was out.

I've been on cloud 9 ever since. My little girl is so adorable and precious. Breastfeeding is going really well and she's generally a very placid baby. She doesn't cry much and seems very content. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. :cloud9:

Oh my gosh! Well done you. I love reading positive stories like this. Congratulations!

Aww congratulations :) my Ramona was born the day after your daughter the 25th.
I however had to have a c section though.

x

amazing story. congratulations x

Congrats hun and thanks for sharing such a positive story :)

Awww cool story! Congratulations! I cannot wait for this, especially when you first hold them :)

Wow! I'll have one just like that please! Well done you :hugs:

congratulations hun,thanks for sharing,its a real confidence booster in a way

congratulations! What a wonderful story and thanks for sharing. I hope mine is just like that :) :) :)

Thanks for all your kind comments. I wanted to share this as I loved reading positive birth stories while I was pregnant, I found them really inspiring. I'm a believer in positive thinking. I visualised my labour and delivery and tried to keep a positive attitude. I was actually really looking forward to the experience. And it worked, I got the birth story I wanted and it was the most incredible experience of my life.

Big congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a really positive experience, glad it went so well and well done to you!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->