My Prenatals have started making me sick

Allie84

Mum and Pregnant
Reaction score
I'm 18 weeks and have been taking them since day one, so why are they just now starting to make me feel SUPER nauseous? I'm not sure what to do. I wonder if I'm getting too much of one thing or if I should switch them out....?

I'm taking Rainbow Lite Prenatal One. :shrug:

I also take fish oil (Norwegian Naturals) so that could be it but I'm just not sure.

I always drink a glass of water and take it before or after a meal.

Any tips? Can I take a break?

I find that my dha supplement makes me sick. I started taking it before bed every other night and it helped a lot. I also take my prenatal then every night cause I wasn't too sure which was the issue. But I'm fairly sure it was the dha now.

I don’t take prenatals for this exact reason. They use to make my morning sickness sssoooo much worse. I spoke to my dr about it and she said if you have a healthy balanced diet there is no reason why you should take them. I have attempted at the beginning with my other 3 pregnancies but stopped a few weeks in as my vomiting would just be much more intense with them. I haven’t even bothered this time and my vitamin levels are the best they have been with all 4 pregnancies. If you are getting enough vitamins in with diet and then taking supplements on top you body can actually overdose on that particular vitamin and it will not absorb it as well.
My vomiting this time has been much less and had stopped by about 17 weeks and I feel the best I have with all of pregnancies energy wise and healthy wise. I hope they stop making you feel sick but maybe talk to your dr about it and if you have a healthy balanced diet there should be no need to take it.

Thanks ladies. My diet isn't so great as I had terrible morning sickness the first 13 weeks. I'm finally starting to eat real food again but not really meat so I feel like I need the iron.

I may try every other night. Thanks!

Hi Allie!
With both my previous pregnancies I have started getting sick with my prenatals at around 8 weeks. This pregnancy has followed suit. I didn't take prenatals at all with my last two because of this. Both pregnancies and babies were very healthy. I'm thinking that maybe if I try a pill instead of a chewable it may help me. With my strong sense of taste it just doesn't work well. I hope you can find something that works for you.

Thanks! I've been skipping around and trying to take them at night and it does help but the taste lingers and UGH. I haven't tried chewables, I have these nasty pills.

Allie I’ve been taking the same prenatal as you at nighttime, I find if it doesn’t go down well it repeats on me and makes me feel ill. I’m about to run out and might switch them for different ones, they taste SO awful!! I think it’s the spirulina- yuk!

Let me know which ones you switch to! I may have to switch too. As it is I have started to take them with a really sweet drink to drown out any taste lol. I've been skipping days here and there and when I do my stomach and taste buds are so happy haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->