My sisters keeper- Spoliers included

Just looked it up and apparenlty in the real life story none ofthem die they both survive
https://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20287155,00.html
xx

Just googled to see if it was a true story and a similar story came up if anyones interested - https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1836523.stm xx

The true story had the best ending!!

I read the book a number of years ago. A big Jodi Picoult fan here. Movie pissed me off tho because they totally changed the ending.

I've seen it twice. The first time I literally sobbed from start to finish. The second time there were bits where I cried because I knew what happened :(

another big jodi picoult fan here. I have read the book but haven't seen the film. I'm not sure I want to, the books always tend to be much better than the movies!

I bawled at that film! Especially the part when she is sitting going through the crapbook she made while in hopsital then dies :cry:

Although it did bring home some big points to me. I do not think children should be concieved and genetically formed in order to try (with no guaratees) and prolong the life of another, because in the end the child created will always feel not truly wanted just a necessity and neither child will have a good life, one will be constantly ill but kept alive and the other will just be a medical tool really. It also made me realise that people need to be given more say in their illnesses and the course of action, not forced upon them because someone else wants. All in all it opened my eyes to knowing and learning what other people truly want, instead of just what I want for them.

i LOVE jodi picoult books and i think my sisters keeper is one of my fave, though did any one else think the ending of the film made so much more sence than the book?

i really wanna watch this again now lol my mum has got it tho and she lives an hour and a half away :dohh:

why change the ending tho if its based on a true story?

dont think i had better watch it tho...my hormones are flying around enuff as it is :haha:

I like the film but can't believed they ruined it with that ending!

I never got on with the book (of the same name, by Jodi Picoult, if anyone fancies reading it). The characters annoyed me, and I gave up in the end. I don't plan to watch it, but I'd heard it was good.

I'd read the book first and tbh cried more, the ending is different in the book to the film.

I bawled at that film! Especially the part when she is sitting going through the crapbook she made while in hopsital then dies :cry:

Although it did bring home some big points to me. I do not think children should be concieved and genetically formed in order to try (with no guaratees) and prolong the life of another, because in the end the child created will always feel not truly wanted just a necessity and neither child will have a good life, one will be constantly ill but kept alive and the other will just be a medical tool really. It also made me realise that people need to be given more say in their illnesses and the course of action, not forced upon them because someone else wants. All in all it opened my eyes to knowing and learning what other people truly want, instead of just what I want for them.

did you mean scrapbook??:rofl:

did you mean scrapbook??:rofl:

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back