My situation. (HELP!)

mmommy22bbe

Pregnant
Reaction score
So I just want to tell a little more about myself, guys. I am 17, but I just got married August 29, 2008 to a wonderful man that I have been dating for 3 years. He's 18 and joined the military, and was stationed somewhere far away and we didn't want to separate, so we got married and everything is great. Please don't judge me. Before I got married, I had a lot of problems at home that you would think a nightmare.Things got so bad that I had to leave where I was staying, to stay with my husband's parents! But I am not going to get into that.

But anyway, I finished high school and I am planning to go to college...(maybe online now that I am pregnant) I am 8wks pregnant now. My husband has been really supportive, and is happy. I am too, just scared. I don't know how I am going to let my family know back at home. How can I tell them? My grandma was just on my case about getting on birth control so I won't mess up my plans for school, and I told her that I would just to shut her up...Even tho things were rough back at home, they still expect me to keep in contact. When I left, I had every nerve to tell everyone to go f*** theirselves, but I felt that since I was leaving, there was no need to stir up any trouble. So they still expect me to call, and my little sis is planning to fly here soon!

How do I tell them, help?!

Welcome. My OH is in the military also. Congrats on your baby!

Sorry to hear it is a stressful time. I would not judge you for marrying a man you have been with for three years! I am sure you did not want to separate b/c of military :)

Good luck and listen to what you think is right :)

:wave: Welcome to BnB!

Any problem you have you can post in the pregnmancy sections,and we have a teen pregnancy section where many of us can share our experiences of telling our parents (myself included).

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

tell them when the time is right and be prepared for the worst then you cant be dissappointed xxx

Hi and Welcome to BnB! :wave:

Congrats on the BFP and sorry about the family issues! :hugs:

just tel them when u ar redii they ar going to be disopointed at first but they do come round to the idea and help suport you .. i'm only 15 n when i told my mum and dad they wer disopointed at first my dad and nana wouldnt talk to me i got kiked owt of skewl and everything else but now they are exited 4 me and are realy suportive.

OMG we have SUCH similar stories. Minus the pregnancy. I married at 17 and my husband was in the military(still is). We were together 3 years before marrying too! This was over 4 years ago and we are still going strong! You know what is really crazy? We got married August 28....Spooky. PM me if you want to talk okay? Good luck with everything. :hugs:

Welcome and congrats! There are lots of other women on here who have very similar experiences so I know you'll find lots of answers here :)

Hi and welcome to BnB, congrats on your pregnancy.

welcome! congrats, you have nothing to be ashamed of sweetie, you are married to a man you dated for 3 years who is supportive and loving to you. What a wonderful place to bring a baby into. True you are young, but if you felt ready to get married in the first place then i am sure you will be a wonderful mom. Your parents and family will have to accept you and your family and telling them may not be simple, be prepared that they may not take it well in the beginning. From what i have seen from most of the younger girls on here their parents and grandparents tend to warm up as the pregnancy progresses or once the baby is born. Wishing you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->