My soon to be SIL is in a strop because..

Emx

Mum/Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
.. my mum has asked her and my brother to use the single spare room so my OH, myself, my expanding bump (and arse!) can have the double room when we stay at the weekend!!?

She said to mum 'well they can manage in the single bed cant they?' Errr no!!

ARGHHHH... this is the start of a very tense relationship with her I predict...

I have already had stroppiness because I wont stay at the hotel the night they get married (8th Jan) - the wedding was only organised last month and she expects me to pay £90 for a room just so I can be there for breakfast with them the next day... when it will take me 20 minutes to drive back to mums... AND is also whining about me not going to her hen night.. which would mean another expensive trip down between the Christmas one and the Wedding itself...

She fails to understand that if I spend £200 to attend all her wedding bits and bobs, I am going to have less for baby!! A months notice is not enough to save to pay for it all and a present and clothes for me and OH!!

I havent ranted on here before.... quite nice to get all that off my chest, thanks ladies xx

aww how insensitive she is!!! how self centered!!!

Some people! Why does she think she should get the double bed over you?? I don't understand her logic there at all, if I was in her position I'd be insisting that you get the bigger room.

I hope things aren't too tense between you at christmas. xx

She really needs to get over herself. Just wallow in the fact that she will be squished in the single bed - and make sure you point out what a wonderful night's sleep you had the day after :)

When people get married they expect EVERYTHING their own way. Tell her to get bent!

My cousin is getting married two hours away which means travelling on the Fri, staying overnight, wedding is on Sat and then staying overnight again. So that's two nights in hotel, travel, present, outfit and it's "bring your own booze" cos they are trying to do it on the cheap.

I ain't going. I won't be able to afford!

Why is it ok for her to have the double bed? Like GP says, tell her to jog on! Some people!!

Some people can be really selfish and not think about how it affects others. You and baby come first and if you can't afford it than she can't really moan, can she? And expecting you to sleep on the single bed...why? For her? What reason does she have for needing it?....just don't get it.

It's also YOUR mums house right? And you are her daughter? Ha! Why does your SIL think she should get special treatment just cos shes getting married?

Bridezilla or what? I honestly cant believe she wants to stick a pregnant woman in a single bed!! God help her when she has little ones!

too funny... Just ignore hun, she doesn't know what she's doing right now. My wonderful friend, completely reliable, selfless and extremely helpful in every situation, invited my OH's parents to her wedding years ago. I forgot what happened but OH's dad was taken to the hospital that day and his mom called us to warn and apologize to the bride to be that they won't be making it to the wedding. The bride goes "OMG I paid over 100$ per plate, this shouldn't be happening"!

PS She has no recollection of saying this lol

If she carries on, sneak into her bedroom on the eve of the wedding and put Immac hair remover on her eyebrows ;)

x

Ha ha - yeah I will! She could do with them being a bit thinned out anyway!!

I think because she has her foot in the door now she has Carte Blanche to act as Queen Bee!! Oh well - it all adds to the enjoyment of a good old family Christmas!!

I take it she hasn't been pregnant then! The cheek of her...love the idea of rubbing it in what a great night's sleep you had, you should definitely do that :thumbup:

A pregnant lady is definitely more important than a bride to be, there's two people to worry about! xx :hugs:

Why don't you tell her to try and sleep in the single bed with a watermelon and her OH? :lol:

Tell her to bog off, selfish cow! :grr:

xx

I think it would be hard enough for a pregnant lady to sleep in a single bed alone let alone with someone else in there too!

Glad you all agree she s a tad out of order suggesting it! No she doesnt have a baby - although the reason for the hastily planned wedding is because when she found out I was pregnant, she got super broody and wants to have one asap.... she told my brother they cant even think about trying until she has that ring on her finger first though!!

I would tell her it is fine but SHE must pay for it as u just simply can't!!

too funny... Just ignore hun, she doesn't know what she's doing right now. My wonderful friend, completely reliable, selfless and extremely helpful in every situation, invited my OH's parents to her wedding years ago. I forgot what happened but OH's dad was taken to the hospital that day and his mom called us to warn and apologize to the bride to be that they won't be making it to the wedding. The bride goes "OMG I paid over 100$ per plate, this shouldn't be happening"!

PS She has no recollection of saying this lol

omg THAT is insensitive!

Sounds like she'll be a REAL treat when it comes time for her to have her own baby... selfish people drive me nutty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->