Ok so this what I have so far......

8 x Tots Bots Bamboozles
4 x wraps
1 x Tots Bots Easy Fit
5 x Itti Bitti size small
1 x Itti Bitti size medium

1 x Itti Bitti full booster set
3 x Itti mini bosters

How many more do I need for starters and what do I need pail wise?

Sorry for all the dumb ass questions....:blush:

You've only got another 31 weeks to go :rofl:

I would say try a few BTP (Birth to Potty) type nappies that are good for night and day use...like Bum Genius V3's. They are pockets that come with two inserts which are made from microfibre and really absorbant and dry super quick too :D

Have you bought any Blueberry's?

x

i ould get a couple of pockets - these are by far my favourite type !! :thumbup:

pail wise all you really NEED is some kind of container with a lid - one of those plastic one from focus/bnq etc will do the job! you can get from mothercare (the one i have) but it's just a plain bucket with a lid nothing special!!!

HTH's hun

sara

xxxxxxx

I would get a bog standard nappy pail and a laundry mesh bag.

Also some birth to potty pocket nappies like bum genius and blueberry!

I've looked at Blueberry's but I dont like the patterns on them TBH. I liked the bright, plain look of the Itti's and people seem to go for them here so....:blush:

So what brand and I looking for in BTP Laurie?

what's like the 'optimum' number of nappies you need to get by day to day??

Girls what the fuck have I bought???? :wacko: Wraps? Pockets? I dont have a bloody clue here......

Forgot to say, Mothercare do a Nappy Bin. I would use one like that (basically a bin with a lid), possibly a mesh/laundry bag to go inside so you don't have to touch yukky nappies to put them in the washing machine and a wet bag for when you go out and about (to store wet/dirty nappies until you get home!).

Are you going to use reusable wipes as well?

Inside your nappy bin, put a muslin with a drop of tea tree oil to hide the nasty smells. Put the muslins on top of the nappies.

Erm....not sure what else atm but I'm sure the others will be along with advice! :D

xxxx

It depends on how often you do laundry. If you do 1 load a day then I think 10-12 in the beginning would work. The AIO's I have I dont use a booster in unless its night time, so I dont have very many.

You can also buy the one size diapers which alot of people have and like here. I personally like the pocket diapers the best, they dry the easiest. The AIO's I have take forever, I dry them in the dryer and then have to hang them overnight still. The pockets dry quickly and if you use a cloths line alot they are better.

I just have a small pail to soak poopy diapers in with baking soda for the stains... But other then that I just rinse and throw them into the washer and close the lid.

you've bought aio (all in ones )-ittis

and fitteds - bamboozles!!!

your best bet pocket wise if you're not keen on bb's is bum genius v3's

also check out fuzzy buns - some love em some hate em - i personally love em :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Nappies are all different.

You have fitted two part ones which are little lambs and tot bots and they need a wrap over the top. Personally I dont like them because they are too bulky.

Pockets like blueberry and bum genius have inserts that soak up the wee and that you take out to wash. By far my fav. Im not too keen on most of the bluebery patterns either but I love the purple one.

Then you have AIOs I havent got any of these yet. But they are basically all in ones, go on like a disposable dont need to take anything out of them they are complete but apparently they take longer to dry.

Then you have prefolds - no idea about them!

I would say you need 15-20 to be comfortable.

Those tots bots you have will need wraps over the top, you can get PUL wraps or fleece wraps.

Girls what the fuck have I bought???? :wacko: Wraps? Pockets? I dont have a bloody clue here......

:rofl:

Pockets have 2 layers, an outter waterproof fabric and an inner liner usually made of fleece or something that wicks moisture away from the skin. You need to insert a booster in bettween the layers to use them. This is why they are the best for drying, because you can take them apart.

All in ones are all in one, they have the waterproof outter, filling in the middle and the liner... all attached... These take the longest to dry.

Bamboozles I think are fitteds but arn't waterproof. You need a wrap with them.

Your Itti's are called Snap In Ones, rather than All In Ones. Basically you have the nappy outer and then two inserts that you 'snap' in (poppers), instead of putting them inside a pocket. Does that make sense?

I'm not sure about your Tots Bots as I haven't got any and haven't tried them. Actually I think your TB's are fitted nappies that require a wrap over them.

I would defintely recommend Bum Genius V3's. These are pocket nappies. They are from Birth to Potty (BTP) and have velcro (hook and loop) for fastening so very similar to a disposable! :D

Here's a link to BG V3's....

https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/54/18/bumgenius-one-size-3-0

Bum Genius also do an All In One Organic Nappy. I have just bought one and love it. No fiddly bits, it's literally 'All In One'. They do up with poppers which I personally prefer....they're more expensive than the V3's but so far so good from my experience! They are also Birth to Potty! :D

HTH's a bit :hugs:

I honestly dont know why everyone loves BG... lol... I looked at them but the store here didnt have any fun patterns :rofl: Its all about the fun patters :D

Yeah Bum Genius arent very fun but they are so practical!

It's ALL about the colours and patterns for me!! :lol:

Ok.....so the Bamboozles.....appropriate name really coz I am COMPLETELY bamboozled about this now...:wacko: I have a One Life wrap to go with them....do I need a whole bunch of wraps for them or just a couple and do you wash the wraps each time you change the nappy? I am getting visions of these wraps as like the plastic pants my mum put over our terry nappies in the 70's......

I just think they're a good all round nappy. You can use at night, daytime, but in plain white or nice colours and they're BTP. They're not my fav tbh but a good all round nappy! Also, Lisa says she prefers plain colours so thought she'd like them! :D

BTW, I'd agree with Sam, you'll need 15-20 easily. I wash mine every night to have enough each day and I have 15. I dry them overnight but some aren't dry til later in the day. BG V's dry the quickest overall (inc. the liners).

x

With the wraps you dont need to wash them after every use. Say if you had 5 tots bots I would say you would need two wraps.

Ok......I think I'm keeping up.....

Soooo......when do you use which type?? Lets say I get a few of the BG or similar to bring me to about the 15 mark.....what do you use and when?????

You can use them any time except I would say Ittis are best for in the day.

So.....(sorry again) why would you need various different types - ie BTP etc? Can you just find something you like and just buy a tonne of the same or are you saying 'get some XYZ' so I have a few different things to see what I like?

If money were no object would you just buy a whole stash of one nappy??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->