My story and a few questions.

Lyo28

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new on here looking for some support really.

I am 28 and was ttc for about 5 months before getting my glorious bfp at the start of the year, I felt something was not right early on and went for a scan. But all that was there was a sac- it was only 5-6 weeks though so ended up going back for a few more scans to confirm but they were clear it was most likely a miscarriage as my hcg was not rising much. Also I had light brown bleeding for weeks.

I decided to allow it to happen and was not expecting it to be so traumatic :cry:

It hurt a lot. It happened at just over 10 weeks. Then a week after that follow up scan showed all was gone. I stopped bleeding completely a day after that and that was about 2 weeks ago.

The day before the bleeding stopped I went to my gp about it, just to tell him about the scan and all and told him I had been a little worried about a few things. He took blood. I didn't even know what he was testing for but he rang a few days later with the results.

He had checked my thyroid- all fine.

Then he called out FSH- 7.5
He said my oestrogen was on the low side at 89- not sure which unit measurement that was but whichever one would mean that was a low oestrogen. He did say my body is probably starting cycling again hence the low Oestrogen.

I know this is long but can I just ask

1. FSH- did not know what it was but after researching 7.5 seems bad for my age- like very bad. He didn't mention anything but surely at 28 it should be lower? Really worrying about this.

2. we decided to let nature take it's course. not up to dtd much anyway so doubt anything will happen- but this is going against the advice of the doc :blush: Am I making a mistake?

3: How the hell do you get over this. I have some days when I am feeling fine then it hits me bang and I feel jealous when I see pregnant women or babies. I want to feel normal again :(

Firstly, so sorry for you loss. :hugs:

You're in good company here, we have all had similar experiences. I have found this forum invaluable since I miscarried and I hope you will find the support you need.

I can't really answer your questions except to say that although this is undoubtedly the worst thing that has ever happened to me I am beginning to feel better. It DOES get easier to cope with - it takes time though and it is very much up and down. There will be days when you feel ok and others where you can do nothing but cry. Everything you feel is normal and we are all here to support you in whatever way we can.

As for TTC I spoke to both my midwife and GP today and they both said it was fine to start whenever I felt ready. I feel ready now - I desperately want a baby - I'm going to go for it. I don't think that that is wrong. Whatever feels right to you. Only you know how you feel.

I hope you begin to feel better soon and that we can help you on that journey. :hugs:

welcome Lyo28 :hugs: I am so sorry for your loss :( I know hands down, this has been the hardest thing I've ever gone through. I don't think anyone can truly understand unless they've been through it themselves.

From what I understand- anything under 10 for FSH is good.. and you're in line~ I am not sure if it's supposed to be lower than that based off your specific age group- all I heard was that under 10 is what they want to see.

I don't think you are making a mistake by letting nature take it's course- actually I think the majority of ladies on here take that road- myself included. My mc just happened about 2 weeks ago and I JUST had my first intimate moment with DH over the weekend and we are NOT going to try and prevent it- that seems silly to me. If your body is ready- it will get pregnant- and if it's not ready- then it won't. Next month I will be more proactive about using OPK's and *truly* trying if nothing happens this month.. I am not counting on it happening this month though.

And I agree with Hanskiz~ some days will be better than others. I can only describe it as a roller coaster. I've been laughing one second and then 5 minutes later crying. I had a mini breakdown on Saturday too. :cry: But today I feel like the sun is shining and that I need to be optimistic. Hang in there my dear- it will get better with time- you won't ever forget- but you will get through this!!! :hugs:

Hello hun and welcome
First and foremost so sorry for your loss:hugs:
I can also agree with the other ladies and say that this has been the worse experience of my life and yes it does get better. I still get the odd days ( like today) when all I see is pregnant ladies winging on about being pregnant, and in my case twin prams have been everywhere today.
I do not know much about FSH levels but would think that it was unfair to test so close to the miscarriage anyway. At least he could have waited until your cycles have re-established themselves before testing. After the loss myself and OH decided to take the see what happens approach and from this month (when af eventually turns up) we will be trying. This will be my third cycle since the miscarriage. After the moscarriage the docs and midwife said if you feel ready but advised for the sake of due date estimation wait one cycle. Good luck and remember we are all here for you. x x

Lyo28 - Hope you find lots of support here. There is light at the end of this tunnel, but it does take time, and few steps backward on some days to get there.

I was feeling pretty good about things this last week then last night I had a little cry because my first AF had arrived since my MC, so I was reminded that I am back to square one... But I also find it gets easier to rebound after sad days as time goes on as well..

I did a quick google search for FSH levels and found this:

Normal Results

Normal FSH levels will differ depending on a person's age and gender.

•Female:
◦Before puberty: 0 - 4.0 mIU/ml
◦During puberty: 0.3 - 10.0 mIU/ml
◦Women who are menstruating: 4.7 - 21.5 mIU/ml
◦Postmenopausal: 25.8 - 134.8 mIU/ml

From this website: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003710.htm

So I think your FSH level is fine :)

Oh and as for "nature taking it's course" - do what you feel is ok. Your body will do what it can when it's ready but the more important factor is your emotional health..

You'll want to be emotionally strong enough to handle another pregnancy..

Thank you all so much for replying. I have to say it is so comforting to have people that understand, not that I would wish it on anyone.

I never realised before now how difficult and draining it is.

I'm sorry you all had to go through this too. Hopefully we will all be pregnant again in no time.

Everything you have all described about how you feel is how I feel too. The information about the fsh level is very reassuring. Google is horrible at times like this!

Onwards and upwards for us now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"