My story ..Ectopic pregnancy ...Is their hope for me?

godsplan77

Reaction score
Hello everyone :) I have been ttc for about five years .On the 24th of april I went to the ER for spotting after*** 5 positive home pregnancy test*** ...(which was the happiest feeling ive ever had ):happydance:...The doctor told me my hcg levels were great and i was 5weeks 2days pregnant :) But the bleeding/spotting worried him and he sent me for a ultrasound .The doctor said ,I had nothing in my uterus ,their was a cyst in my right tube ,and no etopic pregnancy was present and he was sure of that ,I was told i misscarried:( ,I followed up in about four days with my OBGYN I was exactly 6 weeks He states"Well you would know it by now if it was etopic your fine '' He drew my blood and sent me home...Later in the week i recived a voicemail from his office saying i needed to come in to discuss a d&c because my levels were" staying the same " at 557....They sceduled me for a thursday on the 10th of may ....Well .....I was in class that thursday at eleven thirty my right side was in unbearable pain all a sudden ,I started bleeding ,feeling week ,I was rushed to the ER ,When i arrived i was wheeled in ,They took one look at me and asked no questions ,I was so scared i didnt know what was happening ,I was put on morphine ,sent to get a US ,The Doc came in and explained that I was going to be going to sugery immeditaly and I had a baby in my tube which had progressed in size and ruptured:( I thought i misscarried though ,I was so scared my husband arrived in time and they snuck the anesthia up on me while i was talking to him ,the RN said it was for my nerves ,I remember waking up in recovery ,then was put in a room to stay for a couple days ...After I was fully alert the doctor came in and said they had to remove my right tube ,I had both my oviaries and my left tube ,but it was blocked with fluid ,He said it was drained and looking good but he wasnt sure if it would stay drained :( so i dont know ....I am so scared to try agian ,I dont want to go through this agian ,It hurts so bad ,I cant even explain not to mention the Room they put me in was in Labor and delivery so when i had to try and walk lik ethey wanted me too i look over and their was babies ,they were so peacefull ,I just wish one of them were mine :( I am wondering if their is any hope to concive in my condition ?I cannot afford ivf :( To anyone going through this i know it is heartbreaking ...Please help me what should i do ???

You poor thing!! I hope I can help you feel a little better...

I too had an emergency ectopic situation (wont go into too much detail but it was similar to your story!). I lost a tube too but kept both ovaries etc. I had suffered a miscarriage about a year before this also so there was doubt around the health of my remaining tube. I was absolutely heart broken as I can imagine you are.

My advice to you is - let yourself get through this situation before you start worrying about what is ahead. Give yourself time to heal.
There is every chance you will conceive again in the future. I did!!!

Love to you hun xxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hugs: I had a very similar story too. Hospital didn't take my pain seriously and it nearly cost me my life. It did mean I lost my right tube too but I kept both ovaries.
Over a year of TTC later and I had a lap and dye and ovarian drill, next cycle - pregnant! This baby is in the right place, so it can be done. But like farmerswifey said, don't worry about that just yet, grieve for this baby and your traumatic experience and let yourself heal. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->