My story

ABRAHAMSMOM

Reaction score
My beautiful baby boy is two months now. He was born three months premature on aug 31,2010 at 3:35pm. He was doing really well he was on th breathing machine for only 2 days and everything looked fine. He was gaining weight and i got to hold him doing the kangaroo thing. Then he feel ill to nec. He had two surgeries already and we are waiting for him to have a third surgery. I am praying to god that this will be his last and successful surgery. My baby boy has been fighting so hard to live. The whole nicu is such an emotional rollercoaster. There are some good days and there are some bad days. Ive learned that i have to be strong not only for myself and the husband but for my beautiful precious baby boy who i love so very much. Along with the rollercoaster of the nicu i have been having my own emotional rollercoaster with my feelings. There are days where i have all the hope and strenght in the world and then there are days where i feel so helpless and all i do is cry and ask god why did it have to be my baby? The only thing that keeps me going is knowing i can go visit him and seeing his beautiful face makes me forget at the moment all the stress and emotions i have been going through.i really find this forum very helpful and a place where i can go and express my feelings and where people actually know what i feel and understand what i am going through. I just wanted to share a little of my story. Thanks for all who read this and ill definalty be back to share.

Congratulations on the birth of your little boy.

Unfortunately Nicu is a rollercoaster journey and there were days I thought we were only going backwards. Try and take some time out for yourself even only half an hour and read a magazine or something because you need to keep your strength up as well.

I hope the 3rd op is a success.

Keep us updated.

Take care
Xx

Hiya and welcome to bnb and congrats on you gorgeous LO, sounds like he's a fighter.

NICU is well i find it hard to describe the emotions involved i think rollercoaster doesnt do it justice. Its so hard seeing our LO's so fragile and poorly in hospital but these preemie babies are so unbelievably strong. Hope the surgery works, i know how difficult that is too. Ella's had 5 operations so far and its still horrificly scary waiting whilst theyre down in theatre.

As 25weeker said you really do need to find time for yourself because it is so draining on your mental and physical health and it's so lovely that you've got supportive family.

Hope and pray the next op goes well and your LO continues to get stronger and comes home soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->