My Success story after 3.5 yrs of tTc .

arz

Reaction score
Hi

These websites have helped me alot during my infertility journey so I wanted to write my story and answer any questions.

We started trying 3 and half yrs back when i was 29 yrs old, we never used any protection post marriage but couldn't conceive naturally, we completed 3 IUI's and 2 IVF's and got lucky on the second IVF! Here are my specifics that were making it difficult to conceive:

1. AMH 0.54, 2. Some liquid accumulation in right tube (not enough to be seen on U/s), but both right and left tubes were open!

This is what I have learned from the struggles Iv been through:

We were told by 2 doctors to remove the right tube. We were told due to my low AMH my chances are super low and the liquid will make it difficult for embryo to attach. I was so devastated by the negative feedback that I was considering a donor egg if the second ivf didn't work even though i was making at least 8 of my own eggs after stims in IVF and 3 during stims in IUI's.

When we did the IUI's they were poorly timed thereby making the chance of an embryo possibly forming very low. Only do IUI's in clinics where they make sure to time the sperm transfer and ensure ovulation has occurred. Or its a waste of money.

During 1st IVF (antagonist protocol) only 4 eggs were retrieved out of 8, 2 embryos formed and only 1 made it to day 3 which was a 12 cell. (12 cell on day 3 is not good, i was not informed about this at the time and stayed crazily hopeful during the 2WW and crashed later). I also did an endometiral biopsy so it would stick! (painful). When the transfer was done no ultrasound guidance was used. DO NOT let the doctor do the embryo transfer in the absence of U/S guidance. You have spent so much money, make the doctor do his best!

Second IVF: I also was on a higher dose and a different protocol the second time (microdose Lupron). They retrieved 10 eggs, 6 of which were mature! This is something which should be considered on first try if you have low AMH, I also responded better to Bravelle than Follistim. They can always try the the highest dose and reduce it as they evaluate the follicle growth through U/S. Also the month before i tried this same protocol and only showed 3 follicles and that cycle was cancelled. I am glad when the initial U/S showed less follicles the cycle was cancelled. At this time my doctor told me to stop taking: Royal jelly, goji berries, bromalin, and any other things i had read online that are supposed to be awesome!). He did however ask me to continue DHEA 75 mg and CoQ10 ( I had been taking DHEA for almost 4 months by this time. I believe DHEA did increase my follicle count by at least 2 follicles after 3 months. I also took a Valium before eMbryo transfer and it did help relax me and reduce my anxiety.

Out of 6 eggs retrieved only 2 formed embryos (which made me super sad at that time) and both were transferred on day 3, they were 8 cell, and now at least one has stuck. I have just found out im pregnant and Im desperately waiting for that first Ultrasound. Remember it does only take one embryo to get pregnant!

Like everyone here, I never believed it would happen, I considered doing surgery, giving up my right tube, doing a donor egg and possibly never having a child with my genes :( All thanks to god; and DH, who has always tried to keep me sane, and a doctor who didn't recommend removing the right tube, we avoided this and have this blessing. All Im praying now for is a healthy 9 month delivery.

That's such a good story! That can give so much hope to people! Congrats on the baby!! I hope it's nice and sticky and you have a wonderful pregnancy! We just did our second round of Femara and added a ovidrel shot this round because the first one was a bust. Just ovulated for the first time last night or today I really don't know because my uterus has been feeling like it's gointo fall out the whole time haha. It's stories like this that make me not lose hope. Thank you so much for sharing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->