my surprise jump to ntnp, advice please

Personally? I don't think marriage is all that important. People stay together because they are in love, and best friends not because of a piece of paper. We will get married one day, when it's time. Until then, I see no reason to put the rest of my life on hold. And yes ladies I think it is a fabulous idea to put together a thread to find others in our position. I think there are a lot more in that position than you think, whether it is a personal choice like mine, or something that just happened. It's nothing to be ashamed of and we could use the support of others.

Also, in case anyone is interested I frequent a site called offbeatmama.com Some of it is WAY off from me but a lot rings true to me personally. I have never followed the norm my whole life. And I watched my father cheat on my mom, abuse her, and leave her they were married, marriage isn't a magical glue that will keep your family together. I am not against marriage and I think it is a beautiful thing for people who are READY and happy. It's just about what each person needs personally. :)

^^ It's cool to see someone else that uses the Offbeat Empire. :D

Going to go and check it out now, it's good that there are others who feel the same as me. Personally i think we have made a pretty big commitment by being together nearly 3 years, living together for nearly 2 and deicded together, over many talks, that this is the way forward and starting a family together is what we want. Admit that our jump from wtt to ttc was pretty quick but we are both ready for it.

I saw my parents go through a very messy divorce when i was younger and neither of them want to remarry because "it's just a bit of paper" (their words, not mine). When i was younger i said that i never wanted to marry at all however i have now found someone that i want to spend the rest of my life with and i have changed my mind and do want to get married, when it happens, it happens but until then i see no reason to rush it, or to put my life on hold.

That's how I see it too, bringing a child into the world is a huge commitment towards one another. Having a child says you will be in one another's lives FOREVER. You can get married and divorce and never see one another ever again. With a child, even if you are divorced you are making a commitment to one another as long as that child is in your life that's for sure.

Don't get me wrong, marriage is beautiful and I can't wait to marry my SO...eventually, at the right time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->