My Team Yellow bump turned PINK! My princess Elsie Kaitlin x

Piglet0206

Mummy to Elsie
Reaction score
My original due date was Monday 24th October, but I always had a feeling I would go overdue...and my beautiful Elsie Kaitlin arrived on Sunday 6th November...13 days late!

I was Team Yellow throughout my pregnancy, and hadn’t struggled too much as we had got lots of lovely neutral things, but by the end of the pregnancy I was desperate, and going overdue just seemed to make the weight and surprise even more unbearable!
I never had any Braxton Hicks during my pregnancy, and as my due date came and went I was soon getting fed up with the ‘any twinges’ questions, as my response was always exactly the same, ‘No nothing!’

On Monday 31st October, when I was 1 week overdue my midwife offered me a sweep. But I came away feeling so disheartened when she told me she couldn’t perform a sweep as my cervix was still high, closed and uneffaced. So she called and booked my induction for 2.30pm on Saturday 5th November. I went home and spent the afternoon in tears knowing there was no way I would go into labour naturally now, and well and truly resigned myself to being induced.

On Friday, the day before I was due to go in for my induction the hospital called and moved us forward to 7.30am rather than 2.30pm, so I was VERY excited and so happy to know that we would soon have our ‘Squirt’.
When we got to the hospital, we were greeted by a lovely midwife called Naomi that would be doing the induction, so I felt a lot more comfortable. I had an examination and had the first pessery, and we were told to go for a walk and to be back by 12 for lunch, so off we went. We went and had a small bit of food in the canteen and then walked around the hospital for a bit before going back to the induction suite. I was then starting to get some mild contractions, and so was really pleased that something was actually finally happening!

Eventually Naomi was able to break my waters at 2.30, and that’s when it all went a bit crazy. Elsie’s merconium was in my waters and so it was decided that I would need to have continuous monitoring throughout my labour. Naomi had made sure a room was prepared for us, and we were lucky enough to have a lovely, big en-suite room...Hubby was really pleased as it had a big lazy-boy chair for him to sit in!

I was then hooked up to all the monitors and also put onto the hormone drip to speed up my contractions. I decided to have an epidural, as the contractions were immediately kicked up a gear after the hormone drip was started, and I knew because I was restricted to the bed for monitoring it would massively affect the level of pain I could handle.
Unfortunately the epidural was not great to start with, and only actually worked on 1 side, so the midwife suggested laying on my side for a while, and weirdly when I moved back onto laying on my back the epidural fully kicked in, and it was BLISS! By this time it was around 5.30pm.

At around 6.30-7pm there was another mad rush, as ‘Squirt’s’ heart rate went sky high, and so the doctor was rushed in to check. They stopped the hormone drip, and things seemed to calm back down, but the doctor didn’t want the drip stopped completely, so it was put back on, but at a much lower dose, and the midwife had to keep an even closer eye on the heart rate. I was also examined, and so happy to hear that I was 6cm!!!
At around 9.30pm I was examined again as the epidural was starting to wear off and I was getting very painful contractions, and I couldn’t believe it when the midwife said I was fully dilated!!! She then said we had to wait another hour before I could start to push, and that they didn’t want to top up my epidural as they wanted me to be able to feel more so I could push more effectively. That was the weirdest hour of my life...just waiting...

The time finally came, and I started pushing with each contraction. They were really regular, due to the hormone drip, so I wasn’t really getting much of a break in between. At just after midnight it was decided that the doctors would assist me, and ‘Squirt’ would be brought into the world via forceps. It wasn’t ideal, but I was just so exhausted that I just wanted my baby with me! We then also had to have the Neonatal registrar in the room due to the merconium, as ‘Squirt’ would need to be checked over straight away.

I had told the midwife that I wanted hubby to tell me the sex of the baby, and she had also informed the doctor delivering, but the Neonatal registrar was later into the room, and so when ‘Squirt’ was delivered onto me I vividly remember me asking hubby ‘Is it a girl or a boy?’, and him saying ‘I can’t see, I’m not sure’ then the registrar said ‘Hang on I will check’ and I practically shouted at him ‘NO, hubby has to tell me!!!!’ and I am so glad I did....
It was the most special moment in the world when hubby told me that we had a little girl, and it’s definitely something I will never forget.

My beautiful little princess Elsie Kaitlin was born at 00:19am on Sunday 6th November weighing a perfect 7lb 5oz.
I am so in love with her, my heart just melts when I look at her, especially with hubby...my little family is perfect, and I couldn’t be happier. :cloud9:

013.jpg

017.jpg

020.jpg

ahhh congrats - love the name i was thinking of elsie fo my yellow bump if it turned pink!

Congrats :) Love the name, its the same as my DDs :)

Congrats babe she's totally stunning and I'm glad your hubby got to tell you the sex xxx

glad your induction went well....well done!! She is gorgeous!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->