My twins are here :) how i nearly died :(

Dancingkaty1

Reaction score
hi girls!! i was due to be induced last sat but went into labour the thurs nite!! :) got to hospital about 1.30am fri morning & was 4cm dilated, had epidural about an hr later, after a few hrs i needed gas & air too as epidural hadnt worked very well ( when i had it with my dd who's now 5 yrs it worked sooo much better!!!) was fully dilated by 8am, took ages to push twin 1 ( girl 5lb 2oz) as her cord was soooo short, everytime i pushed then stopped she went bk up!! after about an hr & a half of pushing she arrived!! twin 2 (boy 6lb 7oz) arrived 19mins later.

Everything went sooo well with birth, was amazed i did it all naturally with no stitches, cuts or tears :) Twins were perfect, no breathing problems!

Unfortunately i had no idea what was about to come :( after a few hrs in delivery i was sent to the ward & i started to feel bed pains around ribs on right side.....after an hr i was given paracetomol which didnt touch the pain....it got worse & after another hr they sent me bk down to delivery. It felt like someone was standing on my chest/right side rib area, i couldnt breath :( i was literally gasping for air so they gave me oxygen, they started doing xrays incase i had cracked a rib etc but all came bk clear. I was by this point screaming for morphine as was in soooooooo much pain, worse than the birth!!! A midwife called for the professor's advice, he took one look at me & said i needed a bloodtest to check my liver. Had it done & they then knew i had 'hellp syndrome' i had lots of drips & lines inserted in me & was rushed to intensive care where i stayed for 30 hrs. Apparently my liver & other organs were almost on the brink of failure, another few hrs left i would not be here today :(

Was a very sad time in intensive care, i apparently was so pumped up with morphine that i was out of it for half the time, my dh says prob best as what he saw wasnt good, terrifying. I didnt get to see my twins much, i was given some photos that the midwifes had taken for me, they were looking after the twins on the maternity ward. They bought the twins to me once or twice, but had to stay with them & it was only for 10 mins a time. I sobbed my heart out evertime they had to go. My blood pressure was monitored every 5 mins for the 30 hrs i was in there & the medicines were fed through the lines in my neck.

Luckily im here to tell the tale, after 4 days i was allowed home:) best feeling ever!!! this experience has def made me & my dh even closer than we were ( which i thought was pretty impossible!!) he was the best dh in the world, didnt leave my side at all over the 4 days.

I really hope this delivery story makes other pregnant women aware of 'hellp' i didnt have any signs of high blood pressure or protein in my urine during my pregnancy, which apparently is a common sign of this.

oh gosh! glad you're ok now! Congratulations on the birth of your LOs

wow that sounds awful hun...glad your better now and sounds like you did such a good job giving birth to the twins! xxx

god how scary! I will have to look 'hellp' up as have no idea what it is...

congratulations on your twins - great weights! you'll have to change your status now you're not preggers anymore!

:hugs: congratulations on your twins!!

I had HELLP with my first, its scary and painful, im really glad you are feeling better hun, and that your DH is being so good.

If you ever need to talk about it you can pm me:flower:

Congrats on the arrival of your twins hun, sounds like you did a fab job. Glad your feeling better and at home now xx

congrats, i am so sorry you went through this, take care hun xx

glad everything turned out ok, congratulations x

Congrats!! :flower: I'm so sorry everything took such a turn for a worse but I'm glad you are here to tell the tale. :hugs:

congrats on the birth of your twinnies. Those 30 hours must of been terrifying and so upsetting being away from your babies, but glad you are well now and home with your new additions!

congratulations on the twins :) and im glad your better now xxx

wow, i was welling up reading this! what a horrible thing to go through, i'm so glad it all ended so well and you're now at home with your family. congratulations xx

Congrats on the twins. Glad you're okay now, sorry you had such a tough time xx

Congratulations huni, glad they found the problem when they did. Enjoy ur babies :) and one of each u lucky thing x

Hey Dancingkaty - I seen a post from you on another Thread and read that you had your babies - congrats. A boy and a girl - whats their names?

So sorry to hear you had a bad time after the birth of the twins - its very scary. But glad your feeling better now.

Im starting my 4th clomid cycle in a few days - hope I get lucky like you did on the 4th cycle - im feeling so unhopeful at the moment but i need to snap out of it!

Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->