My V Long Birth Story ( Induction ) Aaron Rose - 13th November

purpledaisy2

Mummy to a gorgeous boy
Reaction score
I had my gorgeous little boy at 8:26pm on Friday 13th November, here is how he arrived, its a long one!

I was due to be induced at 39+3 due to high blood pressure, mild obstetric cholestasis & supposedly a huge baby.

Tuesday 10th November
I arrived at the hospital on 10th November at 8am and was told to go sit in the kitchen as they had no beds available :haha: Great start I thought.

I was given a bed at 10:30am and was told a midwife would be with me shortly to check my bp and put me on the monitor. 5pm I had my bp checked and was told a doctor needed to come and see me before they could start my induction as they needed to prescribe me the prostin gel, was pretty pissed by this point but thought hey ho the doctors normally come round at about 6.

A doctor came to see me at half 11, yes at night ! And said we are ok to proceed but we won't do anything until the morning as the delivery suite is understaffed.

Wednesday 11th November

My consultant came to see me at 10am and said we'll give you the first pessary now the delivery suite is not so busy today :thumbup:

It was 2pm by the time the midwife came and gave me it, I stayed laid down for 2 hours and then went for a long walk round the hospital had no pains no nothing but I wasn't expecting miracles !

I was due another pessary at 8pm but in good old hospital style it was 11pm before the midwife came to put me on the monitor, I was on it for 2 hours as his heartbeat was all over the place it was really high but it was only because he was moving non stop but the midwife beeped a doctor which came swiftly and said the baby is bouncing all over its fine, so in goes another pessary at 1ish, off to sleep I went, woke up first thing had a shower, still no pains, no show no nothing. I was not hopeful and was just expecting another pessary.

Thursday 12th November

My consultant came back at 9am to see me, he examined me and gave me a " good sweep" :nope: he was brutal ! I'd made it to 3cm so he said as soon as there are two midwives free on the delivery ward I could go up for my waters broken :happydance:

He examined a woman next to me that had came in a day after me to be induced, his exact words were "your only 2cm's I'll give you a sweep you can go upto the delivery suite but theres no rush you need to get to 3 before we break your waters" so naturally she should have gone after me, oh no 30 minutes later she was being wheeled off, I was PISSED, I stomped round to the midwives station and said what are you playing at!! Turns out they should have come for me but took the wrong woman but it was too late now as she was already up there . :growlmad:

Fast forward to 4pm I went back to the midwives station and said can I go for a walk, I dont want to disappear on the off chance of them coming to get me, she said "oh you wont go up now, its too late they wont induce you at night" How smoke didn't pour out of my ears I dont know.

10pm - A midwife came to give me my tablets and nightly injection and said if there is space I will go up to the delivery suite through the night as the consultant has said he wants me induced before tomorrow, Alas I thought I might be getting somewhere. :nope:

Friday 13th November
6am I get up, get a shower put abit of make up on and tidy my bags hoping I'd be shipped off soon.
7am two midwives from the delivery suite came to see me and said the plan is to get a doctor to check me over and I would be taken up at 8:30am.

Whoop, so I get on the phone to OH and tell him to get here asap.

9:30am comes and the two midwives from the delivery suite come back and say they aint taking me up a registrar needs to examine me again to make sure Im ready / to see if I need another tablet :grr::grr::grr:

I could of screamed, I walked about trying to find a midwife but there was none to be seen, then to top it off I walk back into the bay I was sleeping in and yet ANOTHER woman who came in a day after me was being taken up to the labour ward, I went nuts and burst into tears, I pressed my buzzer and said can I speak to a doctor please.

A few minutes later my consultants registrar came in to see me and said whats up.

I was still crying and just blurted out Im pissed off :haha:

I said why the hell do I need re-examining when i've been ready since yesterday morning, do cervix tend to close up overnight :haha:

I explained all what had gone on and she couldnt apologise enough, she said the delivery suite had cocked up twice on what patient was next to go up, she said she'd look into it and I'd definately be the next to go up, I was less than hopeful and went to sleep for abit.

11:45am came and alas I was taken upstairs, by 12:05 my waters had been broken and I was given another sweep. I was kept on the monitor for twenty mins to make sure bubz was happy he was so off I came. I bounced on a birthing ball till half 1 - still no pains what so ever. My midwife came in and said I would be put on a drip at 2pm if things still hadn't started.

2pm came and I was put on the drip, it started at 1ml an hour but they doubled the amount every half an hour.

3:30pm the contractions started - and boy did they come thick and fast, I went from nothing to one every 2 1/2 minutes. I wasnt able to move as I had to be constantly monitored to make sure bubz was happy with the contractions. I hated not being able to move about, I got up to go to the toilet twice but the pains were so bad I could barely hobble to the bathroom.
I beeped the midwife for gas and air and started using it with every contraction.
By 5pm the contractions were so intense, they were between 1 - 1 1/2 minutes apart so basically on top of each other and gas and air just wasn't cutting it, I had a shot of diamorphine which made me feel really sleepy and dopey but I didn't rate it for helping with the pain.

The midwife said they normally examine you after 4 hours of being on the drip but because my contractions didnt start straight away I wouldnt be examined till half 7 / 8pm.. That is not what I wanted to hear :nope:

I made it to 7pm and had the sudden urge to start pushing, I didnt say anything as I thought it was too soon and didn't want the midwife to think I was a prat :haha:

I left it till half 7 and she examined me, I was 9cm !!

She brought another midwife in to examine me too and she said yep you're ready to have this baby!

They were taking my blood pressure every half an hour and it had now gone from 130/80 to 180/120 !! I was given a tablet to bring it down and an injection of something.

It came down to 160/100 but they said its time to get this baby out, I was pushing what seemed like constantly . I got to the point where the pain was unbearable and I was shouting at them I couldnt push anymore, it hurt too much.

The midwife grabbed my hand and shoved it down below and said thats your babies head, just a few more big pushes and he'll be here.

All of a sudden his heartbeat dropped to 50/60ish and that was all the encouragement I needed I gave three huge pushes and out came his head, I screamed SO loudly, I then bit the plastic tube off the gas & air :haha:

Then with two more big pushes out he flew at 8:26pm, he wasn't crying and I just shouted is he ok, why cant I hear him... A few minutes later he was placed on my chest and I burst into tears, he was absolutely perfect with gorgeous dark hair and big blue eyes. I kissed my OH and cried and cried I couldnt believe he was finally here.

I had to give him to OH while I tried to deliver the placenta, they wouldnt give me the injection to help deliver it as it can higher your bp. The cord came off the placenta to which the midwife said "oh great we normally use it to tease it out."
I was so sore and had no energy left, they kept telling me to push and they were pressing so hard on my tummy, everytime I tried to push I was weeing :blush:
So they tried to put a catheter in to empty my bladder but they couldnt get it in, I was unbelievably sore and turned really nasty shouting at them to leave me alone. After a few pushes it eventually came out and they said the reason I was so sore is I had tore at either side at the top near my pee hole, a registrar came in and said yes you have 2nd degree tears I will have to stitch you, I had 4 stitches at either side and 4 internal ones also.

They then weighed Aaron he was 8lb 5oz :cloud9:

I then had a lovely soak in the tub while OH gave Aaron his first feed, it still seemed so surreal I couldn't quite believe he was here.
I spent the rest of the night on the maternity ward just laid watching him.
Being a mummy is the best thing in the world, and the waiting was so worth while.

I can't believe he's two weeks old already :cloud9:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 75
How blooming frustrating! Lovely end product though - and considering what you went through the first picture looks like you're just having a gentle nap after doing not much at all - how do you look that calm??? Well done!!

Thanks ladies.

Yeah it was at the time but so insignificant once he arrived. He was so so so worth the wait. :cloud9:

Re looking calm I was still out it from the diamorphine, I have some pictures sat up holdig him & I look stoned :haha:

omg hunny u didnt have it easy! congrats hes gorg! xxx

Congrats November 13th is the Best Day to have a Birthday ,

Congrats darling - he's SO gorgeous!! Your stitches made my knees wobble. Ow!!

CONGRATS so happy for you, your story made me cry. I am so emotional at the moment, he is such a cutie!! xxx

Sorry you got messed around so much but thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbup:

wow you got realy messed about but so glad he is finally here for you!
Congratulations he is a stunner!!!
x

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Mrsq- yup he was definately worth it, he's laid on my chest at min fast asleep, you cant beat it:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->