My Vbac birth story

0_o

Me, Df, Ds + Dd
Reaction score
Background: Ds is 3 next week and was born by c-section following induction (pre-eclampsia wk 37) and failure to progress. My plan think time was to try for a vbac, with minimal intervention an pain relief...

Tuesday 26th April 2011: I saw my midwife for a checkup and told her well I was feeling, like I could carry on for weeks and expect that I'll go overdue. All was well and as soon as I got in the car I had a funny ache at the bottom of my bump. Nothing unusual but n like braxton hicks.

Wednesday 27th April: (1am) I woke with a mild pain again. from then on I had one every ten minutes on the dot, all day long. I didn't think anything of it really.

Thursday 28th April: (8am) i had no sleep at all as the pains were annoying. Today is Dfs birthday. I got in the bath as usual and straight away the pains came every 3 to 5minutes. I got out and called the hospital, off we go! (9am) I'm not dilating and in very early labour. I was given the option to go for a walk for an hour and check again, or go home. Well, I made it out the doors an the pains got so much worse, and every 1-2 minutes. I lost my plug and made my way back in.

When I got back, I asked for gas and air as the pain was horrid. I was told it was too early and offered paracetamol, er, thanks!! I got in the bath around midday and the pain shifted to my back. great, she turned back to back!! Shortly after getting in the bath I was pushing involuntarily and told Df to get the midwife. I got out and was checked again, 8cm!! early labour, yeah right! Then they told me I needed an epidural as it was too early to push, and because ahead was high still I needed to wait for her to move down.

Natural birth out the window. Epidural in, waters artificially broken. Hours later she still hadn't moved down, and I had been fully dilate for a couple of hours.

Friday 29th April: At midnight I had been pushing for over an hour with no progress. off to theatre we went. I was told there was a good chance I would need a section again. the doctor wanted to try ventouse first. That failed. So he tried forceps. Along with an episiotomy and two pushes my gorgeous daughter was born. 1:33 am. The cord was twice round her neck, which explains why she wouldn't budge.

I got my vbac, not exactly how I planned, but it wasn't a repeat section!

X

i remember talking to you about vbacs a while ago! weldone on acheiving it. it may not have been ideal but you still did it! xxx

aww, you had a hard time, but a VBAC is a VBAC - episiotomy's are easy enough to recover from for the most part! :) Well done you xxx

Funny thing is although it wasn't the easiest birth, I still said id do it again lol. I felt back to normal within days. can't believe the difference between vbac and section recovery xx

You really do feel fine after a few days, its amazing isnt it!! Xx

Congrats!! :baby: This gives me hope that someday I might be able to have a vbac. If I feel brave enough to even try. :lol:

Congratulations and well done on your vbac! xx

thankyou. She is nearly 4weeks now and growing well.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"