My (very late) birth story *including pics*

katie-lou

Mum of 1 & 1 on the way
Reaction score
Well what an exciting day i had on the 24th of August, one of the best days of my life (along with my DDs birth and my wedding day)

I had had my show the day before and had been having cramps all day but the cramps weren't intense and they went from being regular to having nothing regular about them at all, so i decided to take a very long walk.

When i went to bed nothing was happening so i had resigned myself to the fact that i was going to be one of the people that got their show way before going into labour. My goodess i was wrong!!!!

I woke up the warly hours of the 24th and i knew it was different the pains were intense and regular (starting at 5 mins apart - and i had a 25 mile trip to the hospital) I rang the hospital and they asked me to stay at home for another hour, i said yes but hubby disagreed he was straight back on the phone saying we were leaving then. A good job too i was 6cm dilated when i got to the labour ward.

Around half an hour after arriving i got the feeling i really needed to wee, so i waited or a gap in my contractions (which were now coming thick and fast) and got myself to the loo, when my waters decided to break and i wanted to push, i tried to get back to the bed but got stck half way between the bathroom and bed when i gelt babies head coming. There was a little panic when the midwife realised baby was doing all the work an i had no control over the spee she was coming at. She turned to hubby and told him to get ready to catch the baby as she franticly tried to find something to cushion the floor. Something he obviously didn't like the sound of with the sheer look of terror on his face.

I'm not sure how i managed it but i somehow got to the bed managing to pull lots of muscles in my back lifting my leg to climb up during a now constant contractions and my little sweetheart was born 7 mins after my waters breaking after a 4hour ad 37minute true labour.

She's amazing and very content and baby IMOGEN has slipped perfectly into our family x

Attachments

• 328.jpg
    328.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 38
congrats! sounds like an a short and sweet labour , im jealous lol

and shes very cute x

my goodness. when she decided she was ready, she was READY!!! she's beautiful! love the pic with her as a little bean comparing to now! congrats! xoxo

she was in a hurry wasn't she love the pic you can see its her on the scan with the nose thats brilliant!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->