My very positive birth story!

kellie_w

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Its a bit late but i just wanted to share the story of my second son! My first birth was horrendous, 26 hours of back to back pain, epidural, 2 hours of pushing, ventouse and forceps, a episiotomy, tearing, stitches, my son had a head injury from the ventouse which resulted in him being very poorly in special care. The whole experience made me dread this time round and I was terrified of going through labour again. My waters broke at 6.15pm at 38 weeks 5 days, and my contractions started immediately after. We called the labour ward who said to come in to be checked but expect to be sent home as the contractions weren't close. We arrived at the midwife led unit, and waited. At 8pm I was examined, and was shocked at being 4cm dilated already, no way was I going home now! I was admitted and the contractions started coming every minute so I started on gas and air. The pain wasn't too bad at this point and I felt I could easily manage. At 11pm, the pain worsened a lot, I wanted to stand or kneel but no matter what I did, I wasn't comfy. I went a bit crazy at this point and said I needed pain relief, I couldn't cope anymore. My midwife started talking about the options but I just felt this urge to push, and when examined I was fully dilated. I cannot even put in words the feeling when you push and the baby comes out... I don't think I ever will! In only 8 minutes of pushing, Oliver Steven came into the world at 11.28pm on the 8th November weighing 8Ib exactly. I had no stitches or tearing, just a slight graze to my labia and we were allowed to go home at 4am.

I feel so incredibly lucky and proud that this time my labour was so easy and quick and the pain was not too bad except the last 30 mins and that I managed to use just gas and air. My little man is amazing! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->