My very very late birth story! 13th August 2009. . .

staceymy

Mummy To Two Princesses
Reaction score
After a 3day stay in hospital with high BP & Pre eclampsia symptoms, i had to visit the day unit daily for BP checks & bloods.
I went to my routine 38wk midwife appointment on Tuesday 11th August. BP was fine as i was on BP tablets. But my bump hadent grown & was stil measuring 36wks. My midwife was concerned that my high BP had caused my placenta to stop working.

Anyway the next day (weds) i had to back to day unit. There they said they would book me in for a growth scan for the Friday (14th). While i was there i asked if she would do a sweep. The midwife agreed. She took me to a private room & performed the sweep, which wasent painful or uncomfortable at all unlike the one i had with Olivia. She found that i was already 3cm dialated!

I then went home with an appointment to come back the next day for more checks then Fri for the scan.I got home around 1pm. Had a few tightenings but wernt sure if it was cos of the sweep.My grandma came around 2.30pm to keep me company until Dean came home.I could time the tightenings & they were around every 20mins.Dean finally arrived home at 5pm but the tightenings had totally stopped!So we decided to go to the Asda for some bits for the hospital bag.At the Asda i started with lower backache which was constant & wouldnt go away.Arrived home around 6pm & Dean got the tea on.Contractions started again but were very irregular & not strong at all.

I had a bath & in the bath i couldnt feel them at all. Around 10pm the contractions finally became strong & i could easily time them.

At 11pm i was getting them every 5mins while walking around or every 10mins while on my ball.So i rung labour suite who suggested i stay at home abit longer as they wernt regular but to make sure the person looking after Olivia was there so we could rush straight off.

At 11.30pm i got back in the bath but this time i could feel every contraction. I got out & they were coming every 2/3mins. Deans mum arrived around 12am so she rung labour suite to say i was coming in. I honestly thought i wasent 4cm yet as i could still talk & laugh through each contraction & i didnt feel as if i was in much pain. But i was worried with the 20min trip to hospital.

Finally got to labour suite after Dean parking 2mile away from the hospital doors!! By the time i was getting ready to be checked i was struggling to talk through them. At 12.35am the midwife checked me & i was 5cm. She said she took alot of my membranes away (not too sure what this ment). She then left me while she sorted me a room out.

By 1.10am i still wasnt in my room so i went crawling round to find her! She quickly showed me to a room while i was shouting to send Dean home as he was useless & i demanded a epidural. Midwife refused to give me one until i got on the gas & air.

I started on the G&A & it helped alot. I had Dean holding my legs up as i was shaking & struggling to hold them. The next thing, i thought i was weeing myself so was shouting out im peeing myself. Midwife came & checked me at 1.30am & i was 6cm & my bake waters had gone.

She then started putting the canula in my wrist so i could have the epidural. She took some blood & said as soon as the results come back i could have the epidural. She said she wanted to check my platelets (not sure if she was lying) Around 2.15am i could feel pressure in my bum. So Dean went to get the midwife. She checked me & i was 10cm. So she broke my forewaters & then i began to push at 2.30am.

At 2.45am little Lexie arrived weighing 6lb exaclty, 48cm long at 38+3wks Thursday 13th August!

On my notes at the hospital it said 1st stage labour- 1hr 55mins, 2nd stage- 15mins & 3rd stage- 5mins!

Aww congratulations.I love the name Lexie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->