My waterbirth!! :) Positive experience!!!

PhoxiestFox

Reaction score
Ok so it was Sunday 16th May 2010 and I was 2 days overdue, around 8am I was lying in bed wen I felt a warm sensation like I had peed a tiny bit.
So I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to check my underwear and I was shocked to see my knickers were clean but very damp and no smell!

So i thought "This must be my waters...but Im not gona get my hopes up" (especially because I had no mucus plug, no bloody show or pains in the run up to this) . I went into the bedroom and my OH asked if I was ok and I told him I thought my waters had gone but I wasnt sure. So i got back into bed and then i felt a real pressure like I needed to pee and OMG as soon as I stood up, it felt like someone had turned on a tap between my legs!!!! lol there wasnt a great amount of waters but enough to be sure this was it!!

So i rang labour ward and I went in at 10am to get examined and to see if I could get booked in for later that night as I was having no pains yet. But to my surprise the midwife told me that I was already fully effaced and was 3-4cm dilated and she cud feel hair on the baby's head not membranes!!

I was asked if I wanted to stay in the hospital and see how things go or If i wud like to go home and relax til 9pm that night wen they definately wanted me in... I chose to go home and rest!

So off home I went thinking i was in it for the longhaul, but oh no, 20 mins after getting thru the front door my contractions were coming every 5 mins with considerable pain, I stuck this til 12-30pm and rang the ward to let them know i was on my way!

I got to the hospital and was immediately given a bed in the "Home from Home" ward which had the birthing pool and everything there. I got into the bed and contracted without pain relief til around 2pm and then I decided to start on the gas and air (which made me feel drunk and I coped a little better with it in the early stages but completely gave up on it towards the end)

at 3pm I got into the birthing pool and by 5pm I felt the complete overwhelming need to push so I went with it and pushed for 1 hr and 6mins and Little Ellie arrived into the world at 6-04pm :)

I am so proud to be a mum and I am utterly grateful for a very easy and relaxed labour and birth. I did it with virtually no pain relief in the final hour and I am still in shock as to how I managed!!!

well done, great to read such a positive birth story xxx

What a lovely story, glad it was so positive xxxx

yay for the home from home! i remember youPmd me about it when you saw id delivered there too! im So glad you had a great experience, i honestly havent heard of anyone who hasnt had a good one there! big thumbs up for the Ulster hosp!
well done hun, and HUGE congratulations on the birth of little ellie!

Congratulations :cloud9: Sounds like a lovely experience!

Ok so it was Sunday 16th May 2010 and I was 2 days overdue, around 8am I was lying in bed wen I felt a warm sensation like I had peed a tiny bit.
So I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to check my underwear and I was shocked to see my knickers were clean but very damp and no smell!

So i thought "This must be my waters...but Im not gona get my hopes up" (especially because I had no mucus plug, no bloody show or pains in the run up to this) . I went into the bedroom and my OH asked if I was ok and I told him I thought my waters had gone but I wasnt sure. So i got back into bed and then i felt a real pressure like I needed to pee and OMG as soon as I stood up, it felt like someone had turned on a tap between my legs!!!! lol there wasnt a great amount of waters but enough to be sure this was it!!

So i rang labour ward and I went in at 10am to get examined and to see if I could get booked in for later that night as I was having no pains yet. But to my surprise the midwife told me that I was already fully effaced and was 3-4cm dilated and she cud feel hair on the baby's head not membranes!!

I was asked if I wanted to stay in the hospital and see how things go or If i wud like to go home and relax til 9pm that night wen they definately wanted me in... I chose to go home and rest!

So off home I went thinking i was in it for the longhaul, but oh no, 20 mins after getting thru the front door my contractions were coming every 5 mins with considerable pain, I stuck this til 12-30pm and rang the ward to let them know i was on my way!

I got to the hospital and was immediately given a bed in the "Home from Home" ward which had the birthing pool and everything there. I got into the bed and contracted without pain relief til around 2pm and then I decided to start on the gas and air (which made me feel drunk and I coped a little better with it in the early stages but completely gave up on it towards the end)

at 3pm I got into the birthing pool and by 5pm I felt the complete overwhelming need to push so I went with it and pushed for 1 hr and 6mins and Little Ellie arrived into the world at 6-04pm :)

I am so proud to be a mum and I am utterly grateful for a very easy and relaxed labour and birth. I did it with virtually no pain relief in the final hour and I am still in shock as to how I managed!!!

Amazing story thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->