My weekly MIL rant...

Chel

Reaction score
This is a quick one. I'm to the point where I'm no longer emotional about the things my MIL says and does, this just made me roll my eyes a bit.

Today we went to visit and when we arrived Jasper had been waiting for a feed, so he was a bit grumpy, but I handed him over for a quick 'hello' cuddle anyway.

So he's pulling angry faces and whinging a bit while she holds him and in perfectly normal baby-talk tone my MIL says to Jasper "whats wrong? oh whats wrong? what did mummy do? did mummy hit you? i'll kill her..." and then continued to baby-talk to him about the weather, until he started losing it and she passed him back for a feed.

I was standing RIGHT NEXT TO HER!

It really left me thinking what on earth is she talking about. I swear she's simply insane... no other way around it... because i'm 99% sure she likes me... so why would she say that?

Anyway, I just thought I'd share. I almost find it entertaining now.

My MIL says stupid stuff as well - she hasn't said she will kill me but she does pick Liv up and if she is whingy she says stuff like, 'oh what's Mummy done, isn't she feeding you? Are you starving? We will have to call Childline!' I just ignore her now though - I think she is stupid!! x

'what did mummy do?' ??? What kind of comment is that?! There's no respect there it seems.It's not nice of her to speak like that about her own grandson's mommy.Not cool.

OMG what a thing to say!!:shock: I'd definitely had to have said something back to that!! Cheeky cow!

i can't believe she said that!! what a thing to say to your son!!! grandson or not i think i would have had to say something to her. :hugs: for you sweetie x

my mum says stuff like that all the time.. so i say it about her too! childish i know but it makes me feel better..

like on friday night she has ffion all night and when i picked her up she had a gunky eye (nobodys fault lol i know) so i started saying to ffion 'aw what has nasty nana done to you! your poor eye!'

OH and I will say stuff like that to each other, jokingly.
Like if Colton doesn't want OH and starts crying, I'll be like "come here.. daddy's so mean to you, I know, you dont want daddy"
I dont think we ever get as harsh as saying "he hit you, I'll kill him.." etc.

OH and I will say stuff like that to each other, jokingly.
Like if Colton doesn't want OH and starts crying, I'll be like "come here.. daddy's so mean to you, I know, you dont want daddy"
I dont think we ever get as harsh as saying "he hit you, I'll kill him.." etc.

yer we do too jokingly like oh like meani mummy or meani daddy etc etc but never say did he hit you and kill you gosh

she must really be off her trolly u shuda replied with no but mumms guna hit you! lol

it sounds like she just doesnt think about how offensive saying something like that can be. Some people can be really ignorant like that.

my mum says stuff like that all the time.. so i say it about her too! childish i know but it makes me feel better..

like on friday night she has ffion all night and when i picked her up she had a gunky eye (nobodys fault lol i know) so i started saying to ffion 'aw what has nasty nana done to you! your poor eye!'

Love it!

I should try that, not because I think it'll help, but... yeah.... childish pay back!

Jasper almost always cries a little when I pass him to anyone, so next time we're there and he cries when I pass him to her I could take him back and say to him "oh, did teta (grandma in arabic) upset you, dont you like her, poor baby"

*sigh* who am I kidding.... I could never be that rude...

I mentioned what she'd said to my OH last night, but he's so upset with her at the moment for other reasons that he just kind of looked at me and had a look of total exhaustion and didn't say anything.

I think all mil's went to charm school :dohh: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->