my weight is out of control

tina426

Reaction score
I've spent my pregnancy being very cautious about my weight gain, as i was overweight to start (bmi high 32ish). I did really good for a long time, even lost about 8lbs. Now...I've put it all back on, and about 10lbs more...the past 8 weeks or so I've literally put on a solid 2lbs/week. And i am honestly confident i haven't changed anything! I'm Journaling my diet and exercise -the only difference i know of, i drastically reduced my strength training intensity because around 26 weeks or so i did notice I'd start to get some more intense braxton hicks after...i just dint know what to do...i mentioned it to my dr at my last appointment and she wanted me to focus on watching salt and fat intake -and i have been! I guess she never actually gave me specific targets....i have another appointment and know I'm up more and I'm just waiting for her to be harsh with me (she's made comments about risk because of my weight) -I'm just so frustrated and dont know what to do....

I'm also starving all the time. To the point that people across the table at work can hear my tummy rumbles.

:(

Ideas? Anyone the same?

I don't agree with the pressures doctors put on pregnant women and weight gain. You have been looking after yourself and baby anything after that is out of your hands. Maybe enquire about your thyroid? That can drastically change during pregnancy which can lead to weight gain. Once you and baby are healthy try not to worry about weight easier said than done I know.

Pre-baby and even in the early stages of pregnancy I was having the same issue, I was active, eating healthy etc, but still could not seem to loose or keep weight off. I actually ended up going to an Aryuvedic doctor (kind of like a naturopath) and had acupuncture. It helped tremendously. I had more energy, and felt good, lost weight etc. Then I moved and so stopped going, but maybe some sort of alternative?
Also you don't want to put too much pressure, but with the fats thing they often replace sugar for taste, so watch out for hidden sugars.
I understand the frustration and hunger for sure. Towards the end of the pregnancy you can do Fennel tea, it's good for breastfeeding and for loosing weight. It was something the Aryuvedic doctor recommended and I really like but you can't drink it until about 37 weeks.

I too have a higher bmi and was advised to gain 15-25lb in pregnancy. You seem to be bang on for that range of weight gain. It is really important you continue to eat a wide range of foods from all the food groups. You shouldn't be hungry. I would suggest downloading an app and making sure you get in the region of 2200 calories a day. I'm still down 3 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight and my doctor isn't happy as I haven't gained. I'm trying to make sure I'm eating well rather than concentrating on weight but I've found it hard to eat much until recently.

Well she didn't yell at me, haha but did comment i must've ate well over babymoon (just came back from a 5 day babymoon)...still so frustrating. Thank you ladies for the tips.

Please don't cut your fats!!! I know a lot of people still believe the fdas previous and some current recommendations on fats but they are so nourishing for you and especially baby, and will keep you feeling satisfied for longer! Contrary to popular belief (even old school Drs) fat does not make you fat, just research it! If you're worried about weight gain the best thing you can do is cut down a lot on your carbs and refined sugars, you'd be surprised how many carbs really are in everything!!! I'm not saying to be drastic but I would aim for no more than 120 carbs a day...I usually lose weight in all my pregnancies not intentionally, just from sickness however I usually gain that weight back by the time the pregnancy is over, so with my first I was back at my prepregnancy weight at the end and with my second I ended up having a total gain of only around 7 lbs, buttttttt this time (blaming it on age, I'm 33, as I'm around the same weight I was with my other 2)I have gestational diabetes, I have lost 20 lbs, around 15 from morning sickness and the rest from being on a modified low carb high fat high protein diet in order to try to avoid insulin so even though 5 lbs doesn't seem like a lot, the thing is I also haven't gained anything yet. Again I'm totally not trying to lose weight, just trying to avoid taking metformin or insulin but as a result of the "diet" I've managed to lose a few more lbs and haven't gained anything back yet which as of now I've usually gained most of my weight back.

<--what jlw said. Any bariatrics doctor will tell you to up your veg, protein and fruits and get rid of the bread, rice, cookies, noodles, etc. there's Ted talks on this stuff and science behind the causes of diabetes & obesity & staying satiated. Carbs break down to sugar & require insulin to store it as fat, they create a roller coaster of hunger. Up your protein to every 2 hours. Greek plain yoghurt snacks (the fruity kinds are all sugar and will make you more hungry right away. Nuts, hard boiled eggs, beef jerky, veggies for fiber (snacking on sugar snap peas, carrots, peppers and celery all day will help keep you feeling good). Healthy fats, protein, and veg should be staples, any doctor that told me to cut out my fats would get a mouthful of science related hangry from me!

3 years before I got pregnant I was a BMI of 31. I lost the weight by cutting out the carbs and got down to a BMI of 23/24. I've stayed there ever since. I've gained 24 lbs with this pregnancy with no ms. I hope you can balance your hunger with a healthy diet. Unlike your doctor I don't believe you're eating too fatty a diet, you likely need to get off the carb roller coaster and replace them with more protein, more frequently and be snacking on veggies more often. XX

I was already overweight too with my bmi being 32 something, and my weight is out of control too :( I just weighed myself and in 2weeks iv gained nearly 5lb!!!!!! Mine is purely lack of motivation! I decided 3 weeks ago I was going to be really good and do slimming world from home, then I got an awful cold and have just eaten crap pretty much! I just can't stop eating junk! It's because eating healthy is so much cooking from scratch and takes hours I just don't have the energy for it :( I really need to do something about my weight I know I do but still I lack the motivation it's awful! Especially being as I get married August next year so after baby is born I only have 8 months maximum to lose the weight I want to be a size 10-12 for the wedding! Don't think it's going to happen :(

I was already overweight too with my bmi being 32 something, and my weight is out of control too :( I just weighed myself and in 2weeks iv gained nearly 5lb!!!!!! Mine is purely lack of motivation! I decided 3 weeks ago I was going to be really good and do slimming world from home, then I got an awful cold and have just eaten crap pretty much! I just can't stop eating junk! It's because eating healthy is so much cooking from scratch and takes hours I just don't have the energy for it :( I really need to do something about my weight I know I do but still I lack the motivation it's awful! Especially being as I get married August next year so after baby is born I only have 8 months maximum to lose the weight I want to be a size 10-12 for the wedding! Don't think it's going to happen :(

I hear ya :/ i truly am doing well with monitoring what I'm eating in terms of calories. I am honestly not eating more than 2200 calories a day....but that might be toast for breakfast, chicken and veggies for lunch, and a box of mac and cheese and ice cream for dinner -no lectures please, i take my multi and my blood work has been done several times and while i can certainly eat better I'm not depriving baby of nutrients. But i keep telling myself I'll do better/get to the gym for a "good workout" (I've shrunk down from 45 minutes cardio 5 days a week+3 or 4 30-45 minute weight sessions a week to about 3 30 minute cardio workouts +2-3 20 minute or so strength training and trying to get a long walk in once a week)...I'm just getting tired. I want to go to work, eat, convince myself the house is reasonably tidy and go to bed

I think there's something that happens to our metabolism because I was eating the same as before and gained 2lbs per week for the past 6 weeks! What can I do if my body is storing calories more easily than before? I'm taking it as it is - I don't think I'm exaggerating with what I eat and feel it's a well balanced diet and I feel good generally so... just going to continue like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->