my yellow bump turnt blue on the 23rd Aug BIRTH STORY

ktnbb

Reaction score
I had my baby! On the 23rd August at 19.32, our little baby Rowan was born weighing 7lb 8oz.

BIRTH STORY
Sunday daytime i was having irregular contractions. I didnt think much of it as i had been having contraction like pains since 36 weeks. Sunday evening i went into hospital to be told i was 1cm and they sent me home with codeine. Monday daytime i was contracting every 6 minutes for 8 hours but then they suddenly stopped. 11pm that night i started aching again. I decided to go to bed as i was very tired and hadnt had much sleep. I woke up Tuesday morning at 1am having severe contractions every 5 minutes. I had a bath but nothing was helping. I rang the labour ward, who advised me to stay home until they were every 3 minutes. I couldnt handle the pain. I rang my mum asking her to come over. In a matter 0f 10 minutes the contractions were every 4- 3 minutes. I knew i needed to go into hospital. Mum arrived 15 minutes later. I got into hospital at 04.30am. I was assessed being 4cm. I had gas and air til i was 7cm then had an epidural. The pain was horrid. My water had to be broken at 12. At 5pm i was 10cm. I had to be monitored as contractions were irregular and not strong. I had stuff to speed them up. At 7pm i started pushing. Baby was back to back. Heartbeat was dropping. Then all of a sudden 4 midwifes and a doctor was there. I had to be cut and baby had help getting out. Luckly he arrived at 19.32 healthy and crying.

My birth experience was not that bad. I thought it was going to be worse. Thanks for all the support. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->