• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Name association

Laeyla

Reaction score
I really like the name Crosby for a boy but we live in Canada and I feel like it would ALWAYS be associate with Sidney Crosby, the hockey player. And I'm not sure how that makes me feel about it.

Do you ever find a name you love but feel like it would always be associated with someone/something and that effects your opinion on the name??

Yes, all the time.. it happens a lot to me especially because I'm a teacher. I'm not really into hockey (also Canadian) but I used to hear about Sidney Crosby all the time when some gr. 8s a few years back had a huge crush on him. So now I think of a strong, handsome athlete when I hear that name.. I dont think thats a bad association personally :) I wouldn't let that be the only reason holding you back from choosing that name.

Yes, all the time.. it happens a lot to me especially because I'm a teacher. I'm not really into hockey (also Canadian) but I used to hear about Sidney Crosby all the time when some gr. 8s a few years back had a huge crush on him. So now I think of a strong, handsome athlete when I hear that name.. I dont think thats a bad association personally :) I wouldn't let that be the only reason holding you back from choosing that name.

Yes, I don't think it's necessarily a bad association either. He is a great hockey player and seems like a nice young man. My husband is just a red wings fan so he is not a fan of it lol. Although I think he is coming around a bit...

Definitely think of Sidney Crosby right away. I don’t think it’s a terrible association but I’d probably be prepared for people to ask if you specifically named him after him.

My LO is in kindergarten with a boy named Kesler and I just (rightly or wrongly) assume he’s named after Ryan Kesler... which is NOT a great association. :haha:

I really like the name Crosby for a boy but we live in Canada and I feel like it would ALWAYS be associate with Sidney Crosby, the hockey player. And I'm not sure how that makes me feel about it.

Do you ever find a name you love but feel like it would always be associated with someone/something and that effects your opinion on the name??

Crosby makes me think of the show Parenthood. That said - I love the name!

both Parenthood Crosby and hockey player Crosby have good association. That aside I really like the name regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->