Name disappointment!?

Well I picked the name Sophia in 1989 when I was 3 years old because my sister had a really pretty friend called that. I named all my dolls Sophia and always knew my daughter would be called that. Imagine how bummed I was when it became pretty much the most popular name in the world :(

Hasn't happened for us yet, whew. Although once we picked Maverick, I went and looked online, apparently there were almost 900 Mavericks born in the US in '12 and I've found it on 2 baby name lists as an "up and comer." I don't really think it'll be a problem, and if someone we know uses the name it'll be pretty obvious.

Yep, we chose Calista, nn Callie for our daughter in 2011 and now it seems to be a really popular suggestion!

If you love them stick with the names. Your child is in no way going to be hindered because a school mate has the same name. Take it from a Jessica born in the 80s.

I love the name Jace. There are two reasons I am not using it: 1. Its my nephews middle name and 2. a friend has put dibs on it (and thats absolutely fine with me) I respect her dibs. So friend #1 and I have a mutual friend who we will call friend #2. Friend #1 had a name picked out since we were teens and we all knew of it. Well friend #2 named her son that (about 2 months ago) so friend #1 felt kind of betrayed haha so she made claim to the name Jace.

I am too easy going to care. I love the name so much I am happy for a friend to have the chance to use it.

Well I picked the name Sophia in 1989 when I was 3 years old because my sister had a really pretty friend called that. I named all my dolls Sophia and always knew my daughter would be called that. Imagine how bummed I was when it became pretty much the most popular name in the world :(

Same here. 10 years ago I was researching my family tree and found the name isabella cropping up time and time again and thought it would be cool to revive it if I ever had a daughter. :dohh:

As it happened we gave our daughter the number 1 most popular girls name fir 3 years running just because it was the only one DH and I could agree on :dohh::dohh:

And finally Olivia's middle name- rose we named her after DH's grandma rosetta who died shortly after we found out we were pregnant and that bloody turned out to be the most popular middle name of the year too :dohh::dohh::dohh:

It's a beautiful name and if you love it then u should go for using it- u might regret it in the future. That being said in my postnatal group of 12 friends 6 are called Sophia :-/ and four Olivias! Then at my toddler group there are another two Sophia's and three Olivia's- super popular where I live. I love both names so much but can understand your reservations about it being popular. I love the girls name Chloe and its been top of my list for many years but I literally keep hearing one girl after another called Chloe :-/

Sorry pp I've just read you lo is called Olivia- please don't be offended as I think Sophia and Olivia are absolutely beautiful names :0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->