Name game :):)

LittleMack

Reaction score
Hey ladies! I've been obsessing about names :/ It's taken over my mind haha.

My husband and I both really like "Aria" and that seemed to be it for us! But then my parents got into my head... Saying people won't know how to pronounce it and she will have to correct people her entire life. The pronunciation is Ah-ree-ah, but it does seem that a large number of people's first reaction is to say AREA :(

What do you think?
And overall what is your preference between "Aria", "Arabella", and "Brinlee" ?

I read it as Ah-Ree-Ah, I don't know how people will confuse Aria with Area, completely different spelling and pronounciation. I love the name I think you should go for it, something a little original is always nice. :thumbup:

Have you thought of different spellings for it, if pronunciation is an issue?

Arabella was my favorite name ever!!
It's gorgeous, so I guess I'm bias! Haha.

Aria is beautiful, I don't see who would say it wrong? 'Ar-ee-ah'? Xx

I read it as Ah-Ree-Ah, I don't know how people will confuse Aria with Area, completely different spelling and pronounciation. I love the name I think you should go for it, something a little original is always nice. :thumbup:

Thank you :) I thought it was pretty original too, but not TOO original lol. I love it, I think I just need some positive reinforcement to feel comfortable again :/ haha.

I did try to find different spellings for it last night! The best would probably be "Ahria", but I hate that H being in there... I like the lightness of Aria, the H weighs it down.. Goodness, the intense thought that goes into a name lol.

Pollydolly- I loveee Arabella too ! It's sweet, and feminine. It kind of has a classic feeling to me. And it means 'beautiful', which is kind of nice :p

pronunciation either:

R-ee-ah

or

A-rye-ah (although id expect that to be Arya)

dont know how people would get area :wacko:

Thank you :) I thought it was pretty original too, but not TOO original lol. I love it, I think I just need some positive reinforcement to feel comfortable again :/ haha.

I did try to find different spellings for it last night! The best would probably be "Ahria", but I hate that H being in there... I like the lightness of Aria, the H weighs it down.. Goodness, the intense thought that goes into a name lol.

Pollydolly- I loveee Arabella too ! It's sweet, and feminine. It kind of has a classic feeling to me. And it means 'beautiful', which is kind of nice :p

I didn't know it meant beautiful! Ahhhh it's so perfect! Shame my OH hates it :haha: xx

I'm sure it won't get mispronounced as area!
Aria is getting really popular, people will have heard of it and know how to pronounce it. It's pretty, I like Arabella too.

I think Aria is the best choice. And I can't imagine people would have that hard of a time with it

Really? Area? I think your parents need to give people a little more credit. Aria is pretty easy to pronounce and even if they do get it wrong, once they hear it they'll know. I have my name mispronounced all the time and it's not that annoying. Anyways, I think people will know how to pronounce Aria. I wouldn't throw out a name just because of the possibility that people might mispronounce it. It's a gorgeous name!!!

I love the name Aria, and would pronounce it the same as you. Don't like Brinlee but also love Arabella. But Aria is my fave.

Thank you so much for your replies :) It has honestly made me feel better ! I love Aria too, but Arabella is such a close second... although my husband isn't 100% :( Maybe because he's so stuck on Aria now haha.

Any chance anyone knows any nice African (Ghana) girls names that would go with it? lol. Im thinking "Annan" (Ah-non, or ann-in <-- rhymes with canon), meaning 4th born.. Maaybbbeee....

I like it :thumbup: and if you like it, don't let your parents throw you off, my mom made up the dumbest reasons why I shouldn't name my kid anything she didn't suggest.

Hey if you like it, go with it. I think Aria is beautiful.

I like Ama and Araba as Ghanian names.

Aria Ama is pretty!

I would pronounce Aria as Ahh-ree-ahh, and I think it's a lovely name. I'm not fond of Arabella or Brinlee though, sorry.

I like Annan too, but I don't think they flow well together; too many As perhaps? I don't know. But of you like it, go with it, they're two lovely names. BTW, does one of you have Ghanaian roots? I'm just wondering why you specifically wanted a Ghanaian middle name :)

My LO is called Aria and tbh the pronunciation hasnt been a problem. I think the spelling of it is simple enough. My OH wanted to spell it Arya but i though people would pronounce it are-ya which is why we chose to spell it with the I

Aria for sure! Arabella is a sweet name, but it's becoming more common by the day, and is becoming too associated with Isabella, a MUCH OVERUSED name. Aria is simple and lovely at the same time. Just one of those perfect names that you can't go wrong with no matter what your last name might be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->