Name Help!!!

MichelleW

Expecting Baby No 2
Reaction score
Well we are having a little girl and I agreed with hubby that if we ever did that the middle name would be Edith after his Gran as I got to pick the middle name Robert for our son after my Granddad. It meant a lot to both of us for different reasons.

Well I loved the sound of Emily Edith Wilson and my husband agreed, now I know the initials are awful, but his mum and dad have went on about the initials so much it is putting my husband off, what do you guys think? Can you suggest other names to go with Edith Wilson?

If the initials are the problem, then perhaps you could use something like 'Amelie' instead. Personally I don't think you should let them put you off though - how often do we use just our initials? Besides, 'Emily' is a great name (and I should know - I'm called Emily lol :haha: )

If the initials are the problem, then perhaps you could use something like 'Amelie' instead. Personally I don't think you should let them put you off though - how often do we use just our initials? Besides, 'Emily' is a great name (and I should know - I'm called Emily lol :haha: )

It is a great name, I think its lovely, they suggested Rosemary, Danielle and Daryl which I don't like any of those!!!

I wouldn't be bothered by the initials thing. Your baby. Name her what you want. I love Emily Edith. Sounds adorable together.

Amelie is beautiful too though as an alternative. Especially if you pronounce it the French way...ah malee.

I wouldn't worry about initials babe, I think it's a gorgeous name. It's not like the 90s where we all had initial rings!! Like it's already been said, when do we ever use them!?

I like Emily Edith, really pretty. I don't think the initials EEW are even bad, it'd be worse if it was EWW (and that's not that bad either!). Like others said though, how often do we write our initials like that, it'd tend to just be EE Wilson. And no matter what initials you pick for a girl at birth, chances are she'll get married one day in the future and could marry a man who made her have worse initials. I wouldn't let them influence your decision unless they spelt out something rude or offensive.

Ah, I say who cares about initials. When do we use them anyways?

My daughters name is Theodora Evlyn DeLand... and her initials are T.E.D

Oops, lol. But I love her name and like I said, who ever needs to use their initials anyways, lol.

BTW Emily Edith is a beautiful name! Don't let anyone steer you away from a name you love :)

Thanks girls, I keep coming back to the name and no matter what other names I look at I just think Emily Edith sounds better xx

I defo think EEW is absolutely fine, EWW maybe would be a bit weird but at the end of the day, when do u ever actually use your initials?

It is a great name, I think its lovely, they suggested Rosemary, Danielle and Daryl which I don't like any of those!!!

It sounds like they are just trying to manipulate you into using one of their choices. Don't give in to them! :)

I agree! I think they are just trying to get the names THEY want. Don't cave girl!

I wouldn't worry about the initials too much. Emily Edith is a wonderful name.

My 5 year old ended up being IMP with his initials, and this baby for a while was GERM until I chose a whole different name.

They're just initials! I wouldn't worry about it. One day most girls initials change anyways after marriage. Lol wayyy far off but they could. If you love it just do it! I think it flows together nicely. :)

Agree - don't worry about the initials... I think it's only a problem if they spell something rude... Girls in particular rarely, if ever, use them. As others have said E.E. Wilson would be on the post etc. xx

I personally would have Edith as the 1st name. I love Edie, think it's really cute. It was my nans name too, but to be perfectly honest she was a total cow so my mum would never forgive me!!

Gone for the other grandmother now which is Violet, but she's pushing my buttons at the moment too!!!

The initials shouldn't be a problem, who uses their middle initial anyway?

My Cousin has the initials EEW. Her name is Emily Elizabeth

I think Emily Edith is very pretty, and the initials are fine

xx

Just tell your MIL & FIL if Emily Edith doesn't go well with the surname Wilson, then you'll just have to give the baby your maiden name instead! :haha:

That should shut them up!! :winkwink:

All kidding aside, it's not ideal initials. I disagree with everyone who is saying initals aren't used often. I see tons of girl's jewelry right now with initials. I see clothes, backpacks, bookbags, etc - all monogrammed. Plus when my son was in daycare, they labeled all his things with his first and last initial. So in your daughters case, all her things would say "EW." I would TRY to find another name you love. But if Emily is the only one that feels right, then go for it. Don't let the inlaws influence your decision though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->