Name - is this a problem?

I think Scarlett Tinsley-Burton sounds fairly swish indeed. And why should that be above your station? Nowadays things like that surely don't matter any more? Anyway, I like it! It has a good flow to it. Thumbs up! xxx

That is a top plan about if you get married. Makes it sound even more reasonable. After all, plenty of women keep their own name or go double barrel when they get married these days, it is not at all weird.

When is your gender scan? I am counting down the days till my next scan, 12 days to go now. Hope baby cooperates and does not cross legs. I have had no inkling of the gender so far, I haven't had any dreams of what gender it is either. Can't wait to find out.

Ooh I feel so impatient, it is the day before yours!

I feel bad that if it ends up being a boy, I have been wishing for a girl. :(

Love it! Ignore peoples underhand tactics to put you off. Your baby your choice!

I really like Scarlett and I don't think it matters at all about your surname starting with a T. I think your Mum is searching for reasons to give you to not have it ;)

I would have Scarlett on my list myself if it wasn't for the fact that there is a Scarlett in my music group!

I love the name Scarlett but my Dh hates it!!! I think as long as your surname doesn't rhyme then there is no problem. I knew a girl at school called Stacey Tracey which looking back now was a but mean....

Nik

My LO has two middle names both of which are after mine and my husband's late grandmas. I don't like his nans name (Beryl) and he doesn't like mine (Blanche) so they are both in there!! Tbh it wasn't so much because we wanted those names but more so that when she asks where they come from we can tell her about two people who we loved very much and keep them alive in a small way.

I told my mum I wanted to call my baby Scarlett if it was a girl, I don't think she is super keen on it anyway but last night she pointed out that because my OH's surname begins with T, it will sound harsh when you put it together.

What do you think? I really love the name, OH isn't all that keen either. :shrug:

Both our families took the micky when we said we wanted to call our baby girl Lyla

All sorts of jokes, "sounds like Lylo" haha "Lylo Lil!"

We stuck with it and we love it (shes named after the Oasis song, were both huge fans).

3 yrs on they love her name. Typical isnt it!

It is just a case of getting used to it, I have always loved the name so it's a no brainer for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->