Name modification

JAJuly2013

Mom and Wife
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I need some help, please.

We are having a baby girl in June.

Initially, we were naming her Ava Maree. I love this name.

However, due to finding out 3 other people have a baby this name or will be naming their baby Ava as well, DH and I decided to modify her name a bit.
We can't decide on the spelling.

Avalynn Maree - This name means Beautiful breath of life. I like the LYNN part because my first name ends with LYNN as well. We will still call her Ava for short.

how would you spell it?

Avalynn
Ava-lynn
or
Ava-Lynn

I don't think it's necessary to alter her name if you are going to call her Ava anyways, but why not making it Avamarie Lynn/Ava-Maree Lynn?

Otherwise I like Avalynn Marie. Is there a reason you are spelling it Maree?

I agree I dont get it if your calling her Ava anyway

also curious as to why Maree is spelled odd?

Avamarie is cute name

I would spell it Avalyn (Like Avalon or Evelyn)

I don't think it's necessary to alter her name if you are going to call her Ava anyways, but why not making it Avamarie Lynn/Ava-Maree Lynn?

Otherwise I like Avalynn Marie. Is there a reason you are spelling it Maree?

Because that is my middle name and my mom's middle name. Maree

I'm not meaning we will never call her Avalynn but in general we will be calling her Ava. We came across the meaning of the name and thought it was beautiful which is the other reason we are changing it.

I voted other, and was going to say Ava, it's one of my favourite names and absolutely gorgeous <3, but then I read your thread and saw why. I quite like Avalyn.

None, sorry! I hate 'lynn' names, I think they'll sound really dated soon. I do like Avalon though! Ava alone is lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->