Name one baby related luxury!

Amygdala

Reaction score
Inspired by the "newborn essentials" thread: what luxuries have you got for baby (or did you have last time) that you'd recommend either as presents or "treats" for mums to be?

Things like that designer silk blanket that cost twice the price of a normal one but you ended up using every day and loved it? Or the baby hammock that would send baby to sleep without fail?

Basically anything that you really didn't need but love having. And go!

Bfing chair!

Hubby says I wont use it but ive already been in it 24/7 it so helps with pregnancy related pains.

Oh I would agree with that. In fact, I think I'd call mine an essential. We had huge problems getting LO latched in the beginning and honestly, I don't think we would have made it without the chair in combination with a nursing pillow. Will totally try it for later pregnancy as well, thanks for the tip!

Wipes warmer. I know lots of people say you don't need one, but DS and I both love ours. I use wipes on myself once in a while and I hate using a cold one, so I'm sure its even worse on a baby's bum. I've started giving them as gifts at all the baby showers I go to and everyone loves them once they start using them. You need to get the Prince Lionheart warmer though, from the research I've done its the only one that doesn't turn the wipes yellow/brown and it has a pad in the bottom that has a anti-microbial additive to inhibit the growth of bacteria.

I love (just purchased ) my pink lining yummy mummy changing bag more expensive than I would usually pay £79 but know I will use it every day x

I loved my Aden and anais baby blankets. The material was just so perfect. I would keep it unfolded and it would be very thin and light or fold it up as it was huge and then it was warm. They were not cheap but I loved them

Portable Dummy sterilliser

Just bought some Aden and Anais muzys and swaddling cloths major luxury especially as I have not yet started buying anything else!! But they are so beautiful!!!

My gorgeous Marc by Marc Jacobs diaper bag! Bought it the day I found out!!

My wrap. I used it so much last time with LO and it was a life saver and I love it. I'll definitely be using it a lot with this one too, especially whilst running after a 2 year old haha.

Sleeping Bag's!!!.... its not an essential item for baby, but oh i cant rate them highly enough!!! o much safer than blankets as there stay put and also keeps baby warm all night so helps with sleep routine :)

But as a luxury, thats gotta be my Il Tutto Mia Changing Bag... cost £250.00 but ultimate mummy luxury ;)

Also my jujube diaper bag. A washable diaper bag is essential. My baby spit up so much that everything smelled like vomit all the time and it was great throwing it in the washing machine

My pitterpac bag for me and a new stokke pram for baby :) got my eye on those Faye and Lou rainbow colored Muslins now... *must stop spending* lol

Another fan of sleeping bags here and wouldn't swap them for anything.

I also loved our Bednest co-sleeper, when LO was tiny, as it allowed me to keep her nice and close to me and meant not having to get up to check on her at every little sound, without having to worry about squashing her either.

Another thing I loved was our Cuddle-dry towel as it made getting LO out of the bath and nice and snuggly in no time super easy.

Bottle warmer, definitely :) my Mum bought it for me even though I was insistent it was a waste of money ("we have a kettle") however I have it upstairs so I don't have to wait for the kettle to boil and the bottle to warm and drag Immy out into the cold, bright kitchen when she Wakes in the night :)

my baby beanbag, not used it yet but hopefully will use it for when OH is working out so he can watch LO while I nip the pup out for a walk etc.

Mines my pink lining yummy mummy changing bag, it's basically been my handbag for the last 10 months!! My oh bought me it when I was pregnant last year! Now that I am going to b a mummy of 2 under 1 (10 days til due date) I obviously needed a bigger bag so my friends bought me the pink lining twice as nice twin changing bag for my birthday!! I am sooo excited too use it xx

I bought a teeny pair of pink Uggs. It's more of an inside joke as I love my Ugg boots and when we found out it was a girl DH rolled his eyes and said "oh no, more Uggs to buy!"

my babasling! i got it for my son at 6/7 months and i wish I had it from birth! will be defo using it for next one right from birth!. also for next one I am having a rocking chair in the kids room as I never had the room when my son was first born. plus I can now read a story with my son on my lap in his room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->