Name one thing you couldn't imagine Christmas without!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eve

Reaction score
With me (family aside, because that's a given) It's snow! We had a green Christmas a few years ago and it was a lot harder for me to get into the Christmas spirit!

What is one thing you really can't imagine Christmas without?

I can't imagine Christmas somewhere hot. I know for some people its normal, and some people love to travel to hot places for the holidays but even though we usually get snow before and after but not during Christmas, the cold weather in the build up really makes me feel Christmassy. And the snuggling under blankets and hot chocolate etc just gets me in the spirit.

Last year though we had no power from 4pm Christmas Eve to 8:20am Christmas morning, and although we were lucky as some people had no power for days, it just threw the whole day off. No music while unwrapping. No DVD Christmas Eve, no hot chocolate before bed or coffee with a nip of alcohol i first thing in the morning. Funny how a tinyy change in the routine can just make it not feel right.

Pigs in blankets!!!

My absolute favourite.....if I could just have a plate of those and nothing else I'd be more than happy!

Pigs in blankets!!!

My absolute favourite.....if I could just have a plate of those and nothing else I'd be more than happy!

I LOVE pigs in blankets and I only stopped being veggie 2. 5 years ago, already it's on my christmas not christmas without list.
Scoshie cream is another must have, I'm not allowed it the rest of the year:haha:
Oh and Santa clause the movie..........loved it my whole life, I used to circle it in the christmas TV guide to make sure everyone knew I had booked the tv:haha: I now have the dvd:thumbup:

Pigs in blankets!!!

I LOVE pigs in blankets and I only stopped being veggie 2. 5 years ago, already it's on my christmas not christmas without list.
Scoshie cream is another must have, I'm not allowed it the rest of the year:haha:
Oh and Santa clause the movie..........loved it my whole life, I used to circle it in the christmas TV guide to make sure everyone knew I had booked the tv:haha: I now have the dvd:thumbup:

Im the same, but with the muppets christmas carol, not christmad without that film!

Pigs in blankets!!!

They are just the best........ Last year we did a Jacobs joint type thing with 3 different families for Xmas dinner and I made sure my job was pigs in blankets... There was no way I was risking running out of those babies!!!

I ordered well over 120 of them and then had to cook them all Xmas eve... It took ages!!

I've never heard of schoshie cream.... What us it? I can't seem to find it when I google it???

The one thing it is not Christmas without is a tree. Things were tight when I was a kid and various Christmas items were missing some years to help but there was always the tree.

Pigs in blankets!!!

They are just the best........ Last year we did a Jacobs joint type thing with 3 different families for Xmas dinner and I made sure my job was pigs in blankets... There was no way I was risking running out of those babies!!!

I ordered well over 120 of them and then had to cook them all Xmas eve... It took ages!!

I've never heard of schoshie cream.... What us it? I can't seem to find it when I google it???
Lol that's because I can't spell and I make up names for things when I don't know what to call them.........it's cream squirted from a can https://www.anchordairy.co.uk/products/original-real-cream :haha: when I googled it's called squirty cream:haha:

Aside from family (which is even more special now I have kids of my own). It wouldn't be Christmas without decorations. We love to turn our house into a grotto. Last year I bought lots of Christmas bunting and had it all over the house. I made my own for the doorways with decs that didn't fit on the tree. We also like to add decorations to things that are already in the house, like photo frames etc. It looks so bare in January!

I also am a fan of watching Christmas films through December. I watch Elf all year long though!

I can't imagine Christmas somewhere hot. I know for some people its normal, and some people love to travel to hot places for the holidays but even though we usually get snow before and after but not during Christmas, the cold weather in the build up really makes me feel Christmassy. And the snuggling under blankets and hot chocolate etc just gets me in the spirit.

Last year though we had no power from 4pm Christmas Eve to 8:20am Christmas morning, and although we were lucky as some people had no power for days, it just threw the whole day off. No music while unwrapping. No DVD Christmas Eve, no hot chocolate before bed or coffee with a nip of alcohol i first thing in the morning. Funny how a tinyy change in the routine can just make it not feel right.

We had no power for over 24 hours but got ours back on Christmas Eve around 4pm, thankfully! Where are you located?

Aside from family (which is even more special now I have kids of my own). It wouldn't be Christmas without decorations. We love to turn our house into a grotto. Last year I bought lots of Christmas bunting and had it all over the house. I made my own for the doorways with decs that didn't fit on the tree. We also like to add decorations to things that are already in the house, like photo frames etc. It looks so bare in January!

I also am a fan of watching Christmas films through December. I watch Elf all year long though!

Love Elf! I love love love Christmas movies too!

For me it's the tree. My favorite part of the holiday is setting up the tree and looking at the pretty sparkling lights every night thereafter until the big day.

It wouldn't be Christmas without Christmas dinner, Christmas movies, and Christmas decorations.

It's summer here and Christmas time so it's the opposite for me. I can't imagine Christmas being cold. As soon as the weather warms up, I can feel Christmas in the air! We go to outdoor carols by candlelight every year. I love it, fresh food, salads, lots of fruit, maxi dresses, sunshine, beach, smell of coconut, being outdoors feels soooooooooo Christmassy to me

Music! Christmas just isn't christmas with a variety of christmas music x

Bing Crosby.

Christmas just isn't Christmas without all the old classics, especially Bing Crosby. His Christmas album evokes a hundred memories for me and does not fail to bring on the warm fuzzies <3

We had no power for over 24 hours but got ours back on Christmas Eve around 4pm, thankfully! Where are you located?

Love Elf! I love love love Christmas movies too!

I'm in the UK, in Kent. There were a lot of bad storms and we lost power for a few hours the day before Christmas Eve, then on Christmas Eve until Christmas morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"