Name one thing you couldn't imagine Christmas without!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm another christmas dinner fan! Some people suggest going 'different' for one year, like having turkey curry for christmas dinner. If anyone in my family even thought about suggesting that, I'd cry :rofl:

There are 4 major things for me, the tree, Xmas films and Xmas music and the Christmas turkey dinner!

The smell, and the tree!

We grew up in an old style house with a huge bay window in the front living room. We would fill it with a huge real Christmas tree, and my mum always burned cinnamon and pine cones and orange candles, so the place smelled amazing! We moved to a newer house and couldn't get a big tree, so the smell became really important.

Last year was our first year living as a couple, and it just wasn't the same, but I felt Christmassy the night that I sat on the floor with a hot chocolate in my jammies and wrapped the presents, with candles lit and the tree lit up!

We just bought a house with a big bay window, and it will be our first Christmas here. Can't wait to get a big tree and have an old style Christmas again - I'm way too excited!

Dark nights, and Christmas shopping.
Every year I frigging hate traipsing around town with a cranky child, picking up Christmassy bits and bobs, wandering through the Christmas markets when I'm beyond sick of the smell of Gluhwein and hog roast, freezing outside and having to strip off several layers everytime I enter a shop, and the heaving smelly bus back.
But then we get home, all dark with the lamp/tree lights on, straight into jammies, a nice big mug of chai latte or hot chocolate, festive candles lit, snuggle down under blankies on the sofa and look through all the lovely new things we've bought. Love it!

Definitely the films and the music. It's not Christmas without Meet Me in St Louis.

I'm not sure I can pick one thing lol! Tree, lights, dinner! Cake lol xx

We just bought a house with a big bay window, and it will be our first Christmas here. Can't wait to get a big tree and have an old style Christmas again - I'm way too excited!

We are putting together a wish list of thing we want in a new house for when we move next year and I want a bay window. When my OH asked why I said to put a Christmas tree in. Apparently that's not a valid reason!

I can't imagine Christmas somewhere hot. I know for some people its normal, and some people love to travel to hot places for the holidays but even though we usually get snow before and after but not during Christmas, the cold weather in the build up really makes me feel Christmassy. And the snuggling under blankets and hot chocolate etc just gets me in the spirit.

Last year though we had no power from 4pm Christmas Eve to 8:20am Christmas morning, and although we were lucky as some people had no power for days, it just threw the whole day off. No music while unwrapping. No DVD Christmas Eve, no hot chocolate before bed or coffee with a nip of alcohol i first thing in the morning. Funny how a tinyy change in the routine can just make it not feel right.

It's summer here and Christmas time so it's the opposite for me. I can't imagine Christmas being cold. As soon as the weather warms up, I can feel Christmas in the air! We go to outdoor carols by candlelight every year. I love it, fresh food, salads, lots of fruit, maxi dresses, sunshine, beach, smell of coconut, being outdoors feels soooooooooo Christmassy to me

That just seems so strange to me... :wacko:
It is crazy how we all have different perceptions of Christmas.
I couldn't imagine being somewhere hot at Christmas.
Christmas for me is cold, open fires roaring, hot chocolates, snow, Christmas wollens, snuggling up after a bath, mulled wine. Dark at 4pm,houses and streets lit up by fairy lights

Xmas tree, movies, music and cinnamon candles!!

I am from Aus where it is hot at Christmas, and i don't think i ever want to go back at Christmas time again lol i love having a cold Christmas, and last year we were on the verge of snow, was lovely!!

The dinner is so yummy :) Turkey is a huge part of Christmas for us, and loads of stuffing!!! :D

Christmas dinner with family!

And tinsel! Love the stuff :)

I couldn't imagine Xmas without my Xmas spirit.... If you don't have your Xmas spirt no amount of decorations music food etc will make it as magical if your spirit is gone :)

The night before christmas book. We had it read to us every year as kids on christmas eve and ive already started the tradition by reading it to ds. Also the snowman film on tv.

I couldn't imagine Xmas without my Xmas spirit.... If you don't have your Xmas spirt no amount of decorations music food etc will make it as magical if your spirit is gone :)

I agree! <3

The night before christmas book. We had it read to us every year as kids on christmas eve and ive already started the tradition by reading it to ds. Also the snowman film on tv.

Ooo the snowman <3

My sister :-(
We are so close and spend the day together every year, we spend all of December doing crafty things and getting excited like big kids.

I am 29 and she is 25 and this year will be the first time EVER we haven't spent the day together. She lives with my parents 2 hours away and OH and I decided that we would have our first family Christmas this year at our home (DD2 is due to arrive and day now and our family is complete). We normally are the ones that travel all over the place and decided enough is enough (especially with a 2 yr old and 3 month old)

I have asked her to come to us and she said she would think about it but also wants us to have our family day and to start new traditions with my DDs like we have.

Going to have a 2nd Christmas though with my family a few days later (OH loves it with my family, his family aren't big on the whole Christmas thing)

I miss having a real tree :( Maybe we will have a real one this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"