Name that...

LillyTame

Mom of 2 boys
Reaction score
...movie, tv show, or song!

Anyone want to play a game? You post a quote, say whether it is a movie, tv show, or song and then the next person has to guess what it is and can post a new qoute.

You can use google to find your qoute, but please don't use google for finding the answers.

You have to take a guess to post a new qoute, even if you are sure it's wrong. After 3 guesses to a quote the original poster should come back and say who, if anyone was correct.

If you want to guess the next qoute but your previous one hasn't been figured out yet, please reuse that one...up to 3 times then you can give the answer and try a new one.

That's it! :thumbup:

Edit: Just added a new rule....Clues! If you want clues you can ask up to 3 questions (examples...is the show still on the air, cable or basic tv, comedy or drama, etc).

To help keep things clear make your new quote green and red when it's been answered.

TV Show: "Why don't you purify yourself in the waters of lake Minnetonka?"

Great idea, Lil!

I'll take a stab at it. Lake Minnetonka is in Minnesota. The only TV show I can think of that was set in Minn was Coach? :shrug:

TV show: "Just because you shot Jesse James, don't make you Jesse James."

Gosh, I am so bad at things like this. Lil, I thought I recognized your quote from a movie, but it's from a TV show?

@tammy... I have no idea.

I will follow along! Maybe someday I'll recognize something.

tx...the tv show basically copied it from the a movie...so it's just worded a little different. Maybe we should make it like 20 questions? So you could ask the original poster is it a comedy, did a man or woman say it, etc etc...but you get to ask 3 questions on!

And if you want to post a quote, remember you just have to guess at the last one, it doesn't have to be right. :thumbup:

Nope, tammy :coffee: Yours sounds really familiar...I'm gonna have to think some more on that!

Here is my stab at tammy's : Is it Breaking Bad?

My qoute - TV Show: "Why don't you purify yourself in the waters of lake Minnetonka?"

I added two rules, check 1st post please! It's just you can get clues now and to reuse your 1st quote 3 times (unless someone gets it) before you move on to another qoute. Notice how I added my original quote to this post even though I took a guess at tammy's.

Is it the Chappelle show? That is the only show I can think of that would have a random Purple Rain reference. ("Game: blouses.")

HAHAHA! Yes, tx but you gotta give us a new quote now!

I didn't think anyone would get that :haha: OH said it to me this morning as he filled my hydroflask :haha:

OK. TV show:

"I'm no hero. I put my bra on one boob at a time like everyone else."

Wow! I was wayyyyyyyy off. :haha:

And Lil, YES! You got it!

@ TX--I'm going to guess Wonder Woman? :shrug:

Ok...new quote...

Song:
"Disease's growing, it's epidemic
I'm scared that there ain't a cure
The world believes it and I'm going crazy
I cannot take any more"

:happydance: Woohoo!

I'm going to guess Scrubs for tx's quote.

tammy, is it a Creed song? (Question 1)

My next qoute:

TV show - "Stop telling me about my own culture!"

I'm just going to follow along and enjoy the ride because I suck at things like this!

Nope...not Creed. Can we give hints?

I'll take a stab at yours Lil.

Oh man...I have no idea!

Is it 30 Rock?

Not 30 rock.

You can give 3 hints! (I'm just making up rules as we go along lol)

My 2nd question for you: Is it less than 5yrs old?

Two hints for mine:

1. It's a cartoon
2. It's still on the air

I don't know Tammy's song at all.

Lil... I know I remember that quote, but I can't remember what show it's from. I watch too much TV.

Is yours King of the Hill? @ tx

Tammy, I feel like yours is something that I recently told OH to turn off because it was depressing :rofl: I'm gonna ask him when he gets home if he recognizes those lyrics

Ok, I'm going to try...
For tx's I like Lilly's guess of King of the Hill - sounds like Peggy Hill from Tejas to me.
For Lilly's I'm guessing The Mindy Project
For Tammy's...I really have no clue! I think we need a hint!
Now for mine: Movie: "That vest was disgusting..." :)

Im going to guess on lillytames....is it big bang theory?

Tv show..."we're young, rich, and full of sugar....what do we do?"

Meli1981:- The Simpsons (Bart & Milhouse)

TV Show:- "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Song:

"Disease's growing, it's epidemic
I'm scared that there ain't a cure
The world believes it and I'm going crazy
I cannot take any more"

@ LIL-- It was released in 2006--and not very depressing at all. It's very peppy.

Here's a hint-- It's by a very colorful female solo artist.

@ Lil--Question 1--Is it a comedy?
@ TX--no clue-- :shrug: Um...The Simpsons?
@ Ameil-- I'm going to guess "The Hangover"--I seem to remember Alan in a weird vest.

@ meli--I don't know--Hint please?
@ Lindsey--Judge Judy? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back