Named the baby??

Flower names for girls:

Arista
Arista's Latin origins tell of the harvest with reference to an ear of corn. Also the name of a famous record label, Arista has a fresh, crisp feel to add to her musical associations.

Avalon
Meaning "apple", Avalon name also refers to King Arthur's final resting place.

Blossom
Peach blossom, cherry, apple, orange - this name is fruity, fragrant and flowery all at the same time.

Bryony
Bryony is a crawling vine with poisonous yet medicinal properties. Centuries ago, white bryony was used as a cure for leprosy, and today is used as a homeopathic remedy for a variety of complaints.

Chloe
A name with Greek origins that refers to a blooming plant or a growing shoot. And Chloe has indeed shot up the US rankings for first names over the last twenty years, coming in at a high at number 19 in 2005. In the UK, Chloe was queen for six years, finally relinquishing her hold on the top spot in 2003.

Enya
An Irish name, meaning "kernel", Enya originates from the name Eithne. Also the name of a famous Irish musician.

Fleur
French for "flower" with the diminutive Fleurette, this is a pretty, feminine name. In the same bouquet, Flora, meaning "flowering" is the Roman goddess of spring, and has a slightly stronger feel.

Jasmine
A Persian name that has featured in the top thirty since 1989, Jasmine's sweet scents are appreciated in tea as well as perfume. Elegant and timeless.

Marguerite

With her origins in the Persian form of Margaret, meaning "pearl" or "child of light", Marguerite is the French name for a daisy.

Olivia
From the Latin for "olive tree", Olivia is smooth and classy and very, very popular, taking the number 7 spot in the US rankings, and Queen at number 1 in the UK rankings.

Posy
Originally a short form of Josephine, surprisingly enough, but now very much a flower name.

Primrose
Another name of Latin origin, meaning "first rose." More rosy names include, of course, Rosy, Rosaleen, with Irish origin meaning "little rose" and Rosalyn or Rosalind. Not forgetting Rose herself, of course!

Tamara
Tamara is a Hebrew name, meaning "palm tree." She reached the top 100 in the US in the 60s and 70s.

Willow
Willow appeared in the top 1000 rankings in 1998 and is a name to watch.

Hi there/

We are having Michael Oliver (Michael is h2bs name) for a boy
And for a girl Charleigh Sophia named after my great grandad charlie, just love that name for a little girl!

If we have a boy it is going to be Nathaniel Austin and if we have a girl its going to be Myla Leigh!! but i suppose that could all change!! lol!

We've spoken abut names...its weird Ive always wanted boys but I have no boys names really in mind!!

Girls though I like Poppy and Molly.

No offence to anyone here as none is meant but I can tstand the ridiculous names I come into contact with on a daily basis as a teacher...the silly spellings just to be different and names that have such particular pronounciations that they get really bored of having to correct you when you say it wrong.

Mind you my fella is Welsh so there may be a welsh name or 2 into the bargain, at least they are spelt weird because they are in a differnet language not just made up by someone trying to be different.

I mean seriously how many different ways do you need to spell a name like Amy. I've seen about 5!!!

Amy
Ami
Amiee
Amee
Ayme

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel