Names similar to Ben

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
I love the name Ben for a boy but would really like something a bit more unusual. Our daughter is called Alba. Does anyone have any name ideas that sound similar but are a bit more unique? We're looking for something short (ideally 1 syllable and max. 2) as we have a long surname.

I don't know about similar to Ben but I like the name Alba and the name Benjamin so we may have similar tastes. For my next LO I love the names Jasper and Bruno. We already have a Rory Oscar but both of those names are popular now. Also like Felix and Arlo.

That's weird - my DH LOVES Bruno! He keeps going on and on about it! I'm not so keen really although it's growing on me. I jokingly tell him that we can name our 6th son Bruno! I love Rory too but our surname starts with an R so that's out. I really love Arlo too but it's too close to Alba. We definitely do have similar name tastes!

That's weird - my DH LOVES Bruno! He keeps going on and on about it! I'm not so keen really although it's growing on me. I jokingly tell him that we can name our 6th son Bruno! I love Rory too but our surname starts with an R so that's out. I really love Arlo too but it's too close to Alba. We definitely do have similar name tastes!

I'm the same, my OH really wants it but I'm not sure. I love it but I think I'm edging more towards Jasper, as I did a poll here and no one liked Bruno :blush: But then again I bet Jasper will be super popular in the next few years!

Bay/Bey
Flynn
Finn
Monty

Or maybe a longer form that could be shortened to Ben?

Bennett
Benedict
Benton
Bentley
Benson

Short names:

Max
Ace
Cole
Brett
Bryce
Jett
Nash
Clark
Ash
Lee
Jed
Pierce

If its not weird with your surname I love shortening Benson, Bennett, or Bentley.

Nate
Cole
Eli
Jude

To be honest I think you should go with Ben if you love it.

I agree with above.
Ben is a great name, and if you love it, go for it!

I love the name Benjamin/Ben!

Alba &

Kai
Seth
Jake
Ace
Shea
Dane
Levi
Ian
Kian
Scott
Joseph/Joe
Liam
William/Will
Max
James
Mark
Paul
Brett
Alex
Cole
Andrew/Drew
Sam
Brad
Jack
Kyle
Leo
Quinn
Ryan

I also agree that you should go with a more unusual longer name you can shorten to Ben. I think Alba and Bennett sounds lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->