names

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
me and OH have been chatting away about names, although ttc is a little way off and we're pretty much set with boys names, as we was when i was having maddi, but girls names are a completely different ball game! maddi was unnamed till the day after she was born. however we always had her middle name - Hope, and we both look at her now and she looks like a Hope :dohh:
anyway - if we have another girl next time we want the middle name to go with hope - like faith. but i'm not sure what other names are like this?
these are the ones i can think of - can you think of any more?
Faith
Charity
Destiny

but none of them take my fancy - any ideas guys? x x x x

DH and I really like the name Liliana Noel- that's what we're going to name our little girl - when/if she's ever conceived. :rofl: Noel is my middle name so my daughter's middle name must be Noel as well. :D Ok that doesn't go in with your theme :dohh: but just thought I'd share :rofl:

aww chris, thats such a lovely name :) so pretty thank you for sharing :) we were going to call our little boy Joseph after my grandad, i really like joseph riley :)

Well the three names that go together traditionally are Faith, Hope and Charity as they are the names of the holy virgins in roman mythology. :)

thanks for that rafwife, i remember reading that when naming maddi. i love knowing where the names come from :) - like maddilynne really being our spelling of madeline from magdala.
for a very long time maddi was going to be Regan, i really love shakespearean names and regan was King Lear's daughter :)

Regan is a really nice name :) In terms of the original question i'm i can't suggest anymore to go with hope for you. The ones you've said are the only ones i can think of xx

I thought of Grace, but googled it. It was number 1 for girls names 2007 in UK. Living in Canada, I didn't realize its popularity. This is also what I found:

Some Biblical girls' names have their roots in the Bible, but they are not actually taken from real names - Grace and Faith are both good virtues promoted by Jesus, and Ruby is the most frequently named precious stone in the Bible. Other popular girls' names such as Hannah, Abigail, Leah, Rebecca and Sarah are all characters from Bible stories.

thank for you that todtech, thats so interesting, yes grace is a very popular name here, so is ruby, both names i really like :)

Other virtue names:

Honour/Honor (I really like this myself)
Temperance
Constance
Blythe
Felicity
Mercy
Amity
Verity

how about Nevaeh?? It's heaven backwards :) It's kinda the same theme

thank you peony - i particularly love felicity and temperance.
kelly - thats such a gorgeous names :)

My friend named her two daughters Harmony and Serenity - personally they're not my cup of tea - a bit too 'out there' for me! (Don't tell her I said :blush:)

I think they would make lovely middle names though.

My friend named her two daughters Harmony and Serenity - personally they're not my cup of tea - a bit too 'out there' for me! (Don't tell her I said :blush:)

I think they would make lovely middle names though.

aww what gorgeous names, i no what you mean about 'out there' though, i promise i wont tell your friend :hugs: but they are gorgeous middle name's thank you for that :hugs:

Okay,
I'm sorry if this isn't the same at all but I've ALWAYS loved the name Trinity. And Idk why but I always thought it fitted with those names. (maybe because it does, i have no idea lol)
x

OH OH OH..
Eve/Evie/Evelynn/Eva etc.. - Eve means life
Jessica - means gods grace
Abigail - means joy
Casey - brave
Eden - pleasure
(btw trinity means holy three)
that's all i can find atm xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts