Naming After Family

Equreuil

Reaction score
Anyone else planning on it? I'm going with the middle name for it though.

Girl: Acacia Linda - Linda is my MIL and I chose it for a few reasons. 1 - my mom said I could use her middle name but not her first. Acacia Kay doesn't flow right for me. 2 - When my SIL had a girl (the only one so far out of a group of boys), my MIL was a little hurt that that baby didn't get named after any family much less her. 3 - My MIL is a wonderful lady and I love how the names sound together anyway.

Boy: Malcolm John - John is my father. Reasons there being 1 - My FIL has stated he doesn't care if we name after a family member, and that the name needs to make us happy. He actually seemed annoyed with how big a fuss my SIL made of figuring out which name combination to use in order to name after both grandfathers. 2 - My dad seemed to like the idea of having a kid named after him, though he didn't outright say it.

All my children have family middle names. My oldest son has his uncles middle name ( he passed away when my ex was 5) my middle son has my brothers middle name, and my youngest son has his dads and his grandpas middle name. My next child for a boy will have my finance's brothers middle name ( he passed away when my fiance was 7) and a girl will have my fiance moms first name as a middle name. I think its a great idea!!

I love the idea of honoring a family member this way. My daughter is Aviana Lucia who was named after my grandmother Anna Lucia. My grandma was so honored and it was really special for her being that I'm her first grandchild and my daughter is her first great grandchild. I love the names you picked and the reasons why :flower:.

My DD has mine and my mother's middle name and DD2 will have my SILs middle name.

We used no family names (and kept her name a secret). However, until she was born my grandma and mom tried to guess her name and somehow versions of their own names were part of each combination :wacko:

If it is a girl, the middle name will be my late mother's middle name, Ann.

If it's a boy, the middle name with be my husband's (and his dad's) middle name, Allen.

Our son is Daniel John. Daniel is my FIL (who was very vocal about his desire to have a namesake) and John is my husband.

This one, I don't know. I have a girl's name picked out that would honor both of my grandmothers, but isn't actually their names, but DH doesn't really like it. For a boy I have a name picked out that is my maternal grandfather's first name (for a first name) and my father's middle name for a middle name. My DH says he hates the first name.

My guess is this one won't be named after anyone. I personally really like the idea though.

Our son is Daniel John. Daniel is my FIL (who was very vocal about his desire to have a namesake) and John is my husband.

This one, I don't know. I have a girl's name picked out that would honor both of my grandmothers, but isn't actually their names, but DH doesn't really like it. For a boy I have a name picked out that is my maternal grandfather's first name (for a first name) and my father's middle name for a middle name. My DH says he hates the first name.

My guess is this one won't be named after anyone. I personally really like the idea though.

Well, I guess the name has to be something both of you can agree on. Maybe think of something that's a variation of your grandfathers name that would be more agreeable to your DH.

Hi,

Im not pregnant yet, but i have always thought about having a family name if it was a boy.

I was thinking of Albert (not sure if it would be first or 1 of middle names) as it was hubbys granddads name and he died when he was younger.

i am not 100% sure as its not a common name and an older sounding name and we live in the netherlands now.

But i think its a nice idea to have a relatives name.

xx

my son is asher daniel (daniel being DH's name) and i liked that... if we had a second child and it was a girl, i would probably give her my middle name.... i don't think we'd honour our family any other way, they're our children, not theirs

My lo is named josephine ( though we call her josie) which is after her great grandma, my grandma was very touched. She plays a big part of my life and is a wonderful person so for me her name had all good conotations, she was really shocked we wanted to use her name

I plan on calling my Son Hayden after my grandad.. & his middle name will be Jay after my husbands little brother. Hayden Jay Lunn.. I absoloutly love it!! cant wait to have a boy now hehe xx

Well, I guess the name has to be something both of you can agree on. Maybe think of something that's a variation of your grandfathers name that would be more agreeable to your DH.

Its really not that big of a deal for me. I just thought it would be nice since we had named our son after DH's side of the family and it was a name I like. We'll probably figure something else out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->