Nan passed away - torn on name.

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
Many of you know we couldn't decide between Eliza Daisy and Daisy Eliza.
Sadly my nan passed two days ago. I held her hand until the end.
I am now even more torn on what to do.
She loved Eliza and when she was in intensive care before she used all her energy to tell me 'Eliza favourite' but we love Daisy and I know she liked that name too.
I want to honour my nan by calling her Eliza but we don't love it like we do Daisy.
Really need opinions and help please.
Her partner calls my belly Daisy Eliza and says my nan passed so she could live and referred to her as Daisy too my nan but we never told her that was the chosen name because I am so torn.

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I'm sure with her loving you as much as she obviously did that it would upset her to know this has become such a tough decision for you. I don't think just because she said Eliza was a favorite, that she meant to imply it had to be your daughters first name.

That you've reserved it for her middle name likely tickles her pink, and I have no doubt she'll delight in watching over her great granddaughter Daisy Eliza from above :flower:

I agree. She was probably just trying to help by voicing her opinion, not trying to make things more difficult for you. If you both like Daisy better then I would clearly go with Daisy and use Eliza as a middle name to honor your gram. She would love that, I'm sure.
So sorry for your loss :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I'm sure with her loving you as much as she obviously did that it would upset her to know this has become such a tough decision for you. I don't think just because she said Eliza was a favorite, that she meant to imply it had to be your daughters first name.

That you've reserved it for her middle name likely tickles her pink, and I have no doubt she'll delight in watching over her great granddaughter Daisy Eliza from above :flower:

I agree completely with this

I'm really sorry for your loss xx

I'm sure her main wish would be that you are happy with whatever name you choose. Go with Daisy Eliza if that is the order you prefer, Eliza will still be one of her names and that is a great tribute in itself.

We'll we actually told her the three we liked and let her chose, which at the time was Eliza Phoebe or Annie. So she actually thought she was chosing for us. Daisy wasn't even an option at the time.
But I wanted izzy to be Daisy and she didn't want us to use it as she called it her cat:/

I think you should call your child what you want - say Daisy.

At the end of the day, your nan named her children, and she would want you to be happy with your choice xx

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I think you should still go with Daisy Eliza if it's what you prefer, this is your daughter after all. You're still using the name 'Eliza' and it's nice to know that she really liked it.

My partner thinks i need some time to let it sink in that she's gone before I make a decision like this so just going to give it a week then see how I feel x

What does your gut say? Are you feeling Daisy is wrong? If I was you I'd try not to make any firm decisions, maybe keep the names you love - Daisy, Annie and Eliza as your names, but wait until you meet her to decide. It seems that your maybe putting too much pressure on yourself to commit to a name. I lost my grandad on 2nd March, he was like a dad to me, so I can understand how you feel, grief can be a hard thing to deal with and can cause you to make rash decisions. You've got 15ish weeks until your little one arrives? Take your time xx

Yes we still have a while to go I just want her to have a name.
I feel it's because she passed so recently I want to honour her more. Where as if she died last year I would be using a name I wanted with hers as the middle.
I don't have a gut feeling that's what's making it so difficult to decide.
I LOVE Daisy but feel Eliza is 'the right thing to do' but I really don't know x

I'm sure I've told you this before, my daughter was originally called Daisy Madeleine May, but after a couple of months we agreed that it just wasn't right, and we changed her name around to Madeleine Daisy May. My nan has since died, and being that her name was Madeleine I am so pleased we came to that decision, as I know she wasn't so keen on Daisy. Not that much help to you, but I guess I'm just telling you that in time you may be glad that you followed your heart xx

Honestly I would go for the name you like the most. Having Eliza as LO's middle name is still a lovely way to honour your nan's as her choice is still in there. And she obviously liked the name Daisy as she chose it for her cat! I would personally wait until your LO is here to see what feels right, as you've gone back and forth over names a lot and often it just clicks when you see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->